Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my aluminum, 40mm rake fork, with a Reynolds Ouzo Pro. Have a 1" steerer. I weigh 160 lbs. Have some found the 1" to be too flexy/suspect? Found some good deals on it, just curious if I'm better off with Ouzo Comp? My current fork is 40mm rake, any benefits to going to 43? Also, is the Reynolds Ouzo Aero that much stiffer? Measurable aero advantage in tt's?

Thanks,
hrv

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
change in trail...

Changing the rake from 40 to 43 will reduce the trail a bit and produce slightly quicker steering, but I suspect you will barely notice it.

You should also compare the fork length if at all possible. A longer or shorter fork could cancel out or add to the change in trail due to the rake change. Fork lengths generally run in the range of 365 to 374mm, which can change the head tube angle by nearly .5 degree.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Reynolds Ouzo Pro is really tall 374mm, equiv of adding 2.4mm to trail when going from common 367mm fork.

With respect to fork it is sufficiently stiff for my 145lbs and for riders 20-30lbs more, have many friends ride it. The ride is pure magic, on beat up over winter chip&tar roads it is in a category itself, way better then any Al crown/steer fork I had tested.

·
Registered
841 Posts
No problems here.

I have an ouzo pro with a 1" steerer on one of my bikes and have no complaints at all--good fork, IMO. They do have a recommended maximum spacer stack, and I cannot say when or if exceeding that might be an issue for you.

Changing the rake (and trail) certainly can make a difference. Whether the move from 40 to 43 is more or less noticeable (and/or a good or bad thing) in your particular case is not something I can predict.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.