Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
buccwwylld
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm 5'9 230,just purchased 01 merlin pro and a pair of reynolds ouzo pro and
worried when i stand to climb or sprint may break the 1" steering carbon tube
breaking in my chest any suggestions or should i change forks any suggestions???:(

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
... about the only issue I'd see is if you had a significant amount of steerer above the upper bearings of your headset...

I've got a couple "1 threadless Ouzo Pros (and a couple of 1 1/8" too) and remember that there was a limit to how many spacers were recommended by Reynolds. I suspect that as long as you're within (or very close) to those specs (prolly available on Reynold's site... or via email) and things are assembled properly, you won't have any more concerns than you'd have with any other 1" (or 1 1/8" for that matter) full carbon offering.

·
ProtoJ
85 Posts
You'll be fine

I have a 1" Ouzo Pro, weight 200 lbs, and exceed the stack height limitations by almost double, and my steerer tube has never flexed or cracked. In fact, I was told that the Reynolds 1" carbon is as strong as they get. Unfortunetly, I had a bad wreck this year....but the fork was fine! Just to be on the safe side, I do use Chris Kings spacers, they seem to fit better and be a true 1" compared to the the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.