Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ouzo Pro is 14 years old and I am thinking it is about time to replace it. Any recommendations on a good replacement for this fork?

It is going on a steel bike so super light weight is not an issue. Ok with an aluminum steerer.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Why do you want to replace it? That's one of the best forks ever made IMO.

I bought a Litespeed frame years ago and had the choice between an Ouza Pro and a Look HSC2. I made the unfortunate choice of the Look. It had straight legs and looked cool. A few years ago, I refurbished the bike -- everything new except the saddle, seat post and pedals. I looked high and low for a used Ouza Pro fork with 1" steerer. Found one on ebay. The bike rides a lot better than with that Look noodle.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Agree. Unless it's damaged leave it alone. I don't believe there's any particular age limit on carbon. I still have carbon forks from the 2001-2 era. Probably better made back then.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought that carbon would weaken over time faster than steel, etc. Guess I just keep riding it, it is not damaged and never a high speed wreck.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Don't mess with perfection. You've got nothing to fear about the carbon getting old. Hell, I rode a carbon bike to work that's older than your fork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.