Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm about to fit an integrated Ouzo Pro fork on to my non integrated Litespeed Icon, with CK headset.

I can't find a std one anywhere so I've bought this I haven't got the fork yet, are there likely to be any issues.

Also while I'm on does anyone know why Reynolds stopped making forks. They seemed to be very popular when they did.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Its may look a little stange around the crown of the fork as the crown on the integrated is wider than on the non-integrated models. Also, I found that the Ouzo Pro was longer from dropouts to crown than other forks, by about 5mm or so, and this may effect handling of the bike.
That said, I put the same fork on a Carl Strong custom frame built for me last summer, but used the CK Inset Headset and we designed in the longer fork measurement when planning the frame geometry. I like the way mine rides just fine. Have no idea why they got out of the business though.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps. they look fine to me.

Anybody know why they stopped making forks?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well! the fork arrived today, and as someone mentioned it is about 5mm longer then the Easton EC90 I was about to take off. I have Ouzo Comp non integrated on my other Lightspeed and that's 370, the same as the Easton, this ones 380mm. Not sure what this means in real terms. I'm might hang on and try to get a non integrated one.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
I heard Reynolds stopped making forks because of upcoming CPSC standards testing that would prove very expensive to pass.

A more likely explanation is that they make a substantially better profit making race wheels and they decided to concentrate on that end of the business.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you may be right, every man and his dog seem to be churning out carbon forks these day.

Just out of interest, how does the Ouzo pro stack up against the current crop of quality forks?

My Icon currently has an Easton EC90sl and I was planning to fit the Ouzo Pro to take a little bit of sting out of the front end. I have an Ouzo Comp on my Tuscany and that is definitively smoother at the front end. Same wheels and tyres as the Icon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.