Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
I have experience with Reynolds Alta Race....

Which these look suspiciously similar too, I would hazard to say basically identical, other than the black color of the rims vs silver.

Here is my take on the Alta from a few years ago..
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=34019

Basically, I like the wheel, if you can get them for a deal even better.

I also have a friend who ordered the Niobium 30mm, from oddsandendos, I would say these were equivalent, possibly just a tad better because you can get them with bladed setup, and the nipples are exposed, rather than recessed.

They look cool recessed, but the aerodynamic advantages are nil from what I understand, and they are kind of a pain to true, unless you have the veloplugs like I do.

I ended up putting some Ceramic bearings in them as well (I won't go into the arguments for/against) just because I wanted to, and it was easy.

For what I paid for the total, I'm completely happy with them.

· Registered
5,644 Posts
I was looking hard at getting a set of the Solitudes

I also had read the reviews on rbr, plus I thought that the wheels would look cool with my bike (yes, I know that is lame) cause I have a blue frame. However, in the end I did not get a set cause I found a deal on Easton Tempests for $449, with free shipping (from www.sunandski.com). Just ordered those yesterday.

I got the Tempest instead cause I have had the circuits for years and really like the way they ride (though I did have to rebuild them this winter after 5 seasons of cross).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.