Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rhody Tour is next Sunday (4/26) in Port Townsend, WA. www.ptbikes.org This is the last opportunity to easily reach the Olympic Peninsula from the Kitsap side due to the upcoming closure of the Hood Canal Bridge. The bridge will be out of service for six or more weeks. I did the metric route on this ride last year and it was well organized with good support.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tyro said:
I'm game. Are you doing it this year?
I plan on doing it. The weather looks ok, mid 50's and dry. Last year I wore shorts with a short sleeve jersey and arm warmers. In the 50's means knee warmers for my arthritic knees.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
bigbill said:
I plan on doing it. The weather looks ok, mid 50's and dry. Last year I wore shorts with a short sleeve jersey and arm warmers. In the 50's means knee warmers for my arthritic knees.
Cool! I plan on doing it too. Hopefully the weather is like this past weekend.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tyro and I are meeting at 9am in the Park and Ride lot. I have a black F150 and Tyro has a gray truck. I'll be wearing one of my RBR kits, either Lounge or Tribal. The winds are forecasted out of the SW tomorrow and the ride heads south first so we should have some kind of tailwind back.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures

Here are some shots from today. I'll put some more over in commuting later. Nice shot of Tyro and I. I'm the fat one in the Lounge kit.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
mmmmmm... Salmon sandwich. So yummy.

Enjoyed it Bill. Thanks for letting me join in my first RBR group ride...all two of us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts