Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant be sure bacon would fall to rib roast. if only there was a team od bacon-wrapped rib roast.

how on earth did chicken tails beat leg of lamb, veal cutlet, chicken wings, and lamb chops? talk about a cinderella!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
beef ribs suck @ss. those brackets are the worst ever.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Way to go scrapple! They upset my least favorite piece meat - the despicable pork tenderloin.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
WTF is a chicken tail? Do they mean the actual tail (also sometimes called the Pope's Nose or Parson's Nose)?

Looks to me like a lot of really good items just got really tough pairings in the opening round. And hotdogs did way better than they should have. I like a good hotdog now and then, but just about any kind of proper sausage would beat them in my book.

And the pork bracket is all effed up. Cracklings over prosciutto? Scrapple over tenderloin?

Actually, as I look at it, the whole thing is farked. But if we have to accept the final two, I would indeed choose a top quality standing rib over bacon. By a narrow margin.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Porterhouse falls to BBQ beef ribs in the 2nd round? pffft..

and standing rib roast was seeded 2nd in the Beef region? They definitely had to have a weak schedule, and whoever seeded those brackets has been smoking way to much chicken tail. Blasphemy, says I!

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
We can disagree on the particulars, but I'd like to see us come together on the singular proposal that this bracket is awesome.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Chicken tails beat chicken wings? Only if the ref's were bought off. :rolleyes:

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
We can disagree on the particulars, but I'd like to see us come together on the singular proposal that this bracket is awesome.
I'm sure that many on the phorum with superior dietary choices would disagree, but.... OK, the concept of this bracket drips in awsomeness. And all varieties of fat, vein clogger and heart stopper. Makes me hungry and oddly nausious at the same time. :thumbsup:

·
Opus was just napping
21,673 Posts
How does NY Strip get only a 6 seed!

What their conference didn't grease the wheels of the bracketologists?

And what is Pork Belly in the NIT? Where is Pork Belly--the heart of bacon must be represented! Small conferences get zero respect.

And the only way Standing rib roast beats bacon...is if it gets topped with Bacon.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the article in full:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/090323

Face it: When it comes to food, meat's the treat to eat that can't be beat. Show me someone who doesn't eat meat and I'll show you me eating that person's pork chop. And please, spare me your vegetarian moralisms -- if we weren't meant to eat animals, how come they're all made out of meat? Vote: Best of the meats
Hungy? Good, now go show your loyalty to your meat of choice.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Hey weltyed, I shortened up the quote a bit. Meat contest loving folks should click the link to ESPN to enjoy. :)

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
JustTooBig said:
Porterhouse falls to BBQ beef ribs in the 2nd round? pffft..

and standing rib roast was seeded 2nd in the Beef region? They definitely had to have a weak schedule, and whoever seeded those brackets has been smoking way to much chicken tail. Blasphemy, says I!
Maybe uzzie cooked the porterhouse. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.