Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from Ribble with the following subject line:

"Deals to Trump the Rest..."

I'm thinking that most cyclists are probably not Trump supporters. I'm not saying that we're all tree-hugging-one-fewer-car-on-the-road-anti-climate-change-liberal-commies, but still, I'm not so sure that this is going to be Ribble's finest ad campaign. Then again, I noticed it, and there's no such thing as bad PR.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,954 Posts
Ribble did sellout to new owners. Guess they're trying to be witty. I saw the header and deleted it outright.

·
Registered
20,737 Posts
Got that email too. Can't really blame them for trying to make a couple pounds through clever advertising. Not like we didn't make fun of Brexit and capitalize from the weakened exchange rate.

Or maybe they're still bitter over 7/4/1776.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Any mtb riders here see Over the Edge's ads in the past couple issues of Bike Magazine? Full one page (maybe even 2, I don't remember) adds basically suggesting that voters exercise the "no confidence" option on their ballots.

While they weren't really picking a side, I was still surprised they'd spend the $ for large adds with no hint of bikes etc. in them.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
All i know is I am glad I won't be getting 4 emails a day from Nancy Pelosi and everyone else asking for yet another $3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts