Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order on Ribble over 3 weeks ago for and still haven't received it yet. When I emailed them after 10 business days they replied saying it often takes 20 business days to get to the US.
I've ordered from PBK several times before and was always amazed as how quick the packages arrived (usually less than a week). Has anyone else had slow shipping with Ribble (especially to SoCal??)

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, I've experienced the same thing ordering from Ribble to SoCal, PBK has spoiled us. I wouldn't worry too much, Ribble is good for it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
sometimes things take a while in the mail

ive had things from ribble arrive in 4 days, sometimes it has taken 4 weeks

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
placed an order with Ribble for a stem and handlebar and bar tape 1 week ago. still haven't received it in NYC.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
You guys crack me up. We are taking the mail system here with customs mixed in. It can take time. Yes, sometimes things arrive within a week, but sometimes they don't.

Chill, it will get there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's so wrong about wanting your stuff???

BCH,

For the record I've ordered from PBK 4-5 times and it's never taken over 5-7 days.

I waited patiently for the 10 business days to contact Ribble and their response was to double the shipping estimate. Since there's no tracking number Lord knows where it actually is, and if you count Saturdays, it's already over 20 days since the order was supposedly shipped. I emailed them last night and they haven't responded yet (and yes, I'm aware of the time difference that's why I emailed last night...)

Also, the Ribble website states that my order is awaiting processing because of validating my payment, but the amount cleared my checking account 2 days before the items were shipped (I used PayPal). I mentioned this to the sales dept at Ribble and they said the website was in error and the order did indeed ship.

BTW, my daughter goes to school in the UK and over the last couple of years we have shipped at least a dozen packages to her and never had it take longer than 5-7 days so I have some experience in this.

I'm not flaming them and the only thing I'm doing is reaching out and seeing if anyone else has had the same problem. The Ribble prices are good but if this is the experience you have getting the product I'll shop elsewhere in the future...

·
Registered
122 Posts
It must be crossing the desert that causes the delay.
I ordered parts for my wife's new bike on Saturday Aug 21. The package arrived today,
London to Tucson in 10 days, (really 8 because I doubt anything happened during the first weekend.) I bet your stuff is stuck in Yuma, which if you've never been there is kind of a black hole.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ribble 6 Days from WebOrder to NYC-Metro front door

Placed my first order with Ribble after reading mostly good responses on various bike forums about their service. Ribbles prices are very competitive and with the code for added discounts on Campy I had to check 'em out.

Great service. Ordered on the web on Friday 8/27 and the package arrives in NY Thurs 9/2.

I have also had similar good results with PBK. Some of the Brit bike co.s have really got their act together, as easy to deal with them as a domestic USA on-line vendor. Lose a little on the FX GBP-USD rate the credit card co.s take out of the payment but still a good deal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had decent results with Ribble too. I did have one or two instances where stuff from various UK vendors took longer than usual. I think it depends on customs, and if it came directly to your local (nearest) customs port, or ends up on one in the east coast (then has to travel westward)

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,383 Posts
UpHillCrawler said:
20 days still no shipment, I'll email them again and see what they say...
Hey Uphill, how's it going with your shipment? I'm at between 11 or 13 days if I include the last two Saturdays. The only contact I've had from Ribble was that my items shipped August 27. This is the first time I've done business with them and when it comes down to the difference between PBK and Ribble, it's nite and day. I'm in northern California by the way.

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Elfstone said:
Hey Uphill, how's it going with your shipment? I'm at between 11 or 13 days if I include the last two Saturdays. The only contact I've had from Ribble was that my items shipped August 27. This is the first time I've done business with them and when it comes down to the difference between PBK and Ribble, it's nite and day. I'm in northern California by the way.<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }
document.write('
');
//-->
</script>

Well you have to understand that its a "half world" journey :D

I would say, 10 to 15 week days from UK to CA is acceptable, more than 15 days is way to much.
Anyway, I blame PBK, they are pushing it to the limit and making us way to happy to have our items "next day". :D

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,383 Posts
Well, looky here! I just received my items from Ribble today and it took 17 days to get here in Northern California. I'll be ordering from Ribble in the near future if PBK doesn't have what I'm looking for or if there prices are less and I'm not in any need to have the items sooner.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2nd shipment

After 20 some days Ribble decided that the package was lost and they're sending out another shipment. I have my fingers crossed that this one arrives safely.
I've never had a package get lost before, and this includes 5-6 orders from RBK, but in all honesty Ribble has been very responsive with their emails and I guess sometimes things do get lost...

·
Registered
237 Posts
USPS is probably to blame...

I ordered from Ribble recently and I began to get worried after three weeks waiting.They do not send you a E-mail confirming shipping and my account page did not indicate shipped.When I finally got the notice from USPS it had taken nearly a month.The shipping label in UK indicated it had been shipped two days after placing the order and it arrived with USPS after four days.Ribble should improve customer commuication, but it was USPS that caused the long delay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered from Ribble last Friday at about 4:00 Central over the web. Complete order is sitting on my desk today. I'm in WI.

I would have no problems ordering from them again.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I ordered a group and some tires late in the day Wednesday. On Friday morning I go an e-mail that says they shipped and I should receive them within 3-7 business days. I got two Michelin Pro Race 3 tires for $68! Hard to beat that. The price on the Campy group was really good too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jordan said:
I ordered from Ribble recently and I began to get worried after three weeks waiting.They do not send you a E-mail confirming shipping and my account page did not indicate shipped.
I have always received an email notification from Ribble when my order shipped. In addition, if you login to your ribble account and check your order information, there is a tracking number listed. You can track the package on the ParcelForce website. For delivery in Canada, ParcelForce has limited information once it arrives in here, but I can track it in more detail on the CanadaPost website. Presumably you can do the same with USPS in the states.

AC

·
Registered
237 Posts
NOT always....

AC0 said:
I have always received an email notification from Ribble when my order shipped. In addition, if you login to your ribble account and check your order information, there is a tracking number listed. You can track the package on the ParcelForce website. For delivery in Canada, ParcelForce has limited information once it arrives in here, but I can track it in more detail on the CanadaPost website. Presumably you can do the same with USPS in the states.

AC
Three weeks after the shipment was sent my account only said order pending with no tracking no. or e-mail sent.I sent an e-mail inquiring as to my status.I have since received the order,but they never did reply to my e-mail.So Ribbles communication is inconsistent at best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts