Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this on some Campy shifters and it didn't work although it did a few weeks ago.
Anybody else tried it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Blue CheeseHead said:
Campy groups are covered by the TRIP5 discount. You might try that one.<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=20" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/20.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
How much is the TRIP5?

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Oops, it is TAKE5, not TRIP5 for groupsets. (5% off)

I was having a heck of a time trying to order items with TAKE7. Had to go back to the main page to see that it was TRIP7.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I placed the order 4 days ago and the status still says order placed on website.
No parts have been pulled yet. I know from experience that Ribble can be slow.
Anybody have any orders shipped recently?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Order arrived today, 5 days to the West coast even though Ribble status says it hasn't shipped. I got hit with customs though $45 on a $300 order. Their prices are so low its still a good deal even with customs. This is the first time I have had to pay customs from the UK. Anybody know what causes this and why some shipments don't get charged? Is it the dollar amount maybe?

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
jnbrown said:
Order arrived today, 5 days to the West coast even though Ribble status says it hasn't shipped. I got hit with customs though $45 on a $300 order. Their prices are so low its still a good deal even with customs. This is the first time I have had to pay customs from the UK. Anybody know what causes this and why some shipments don't get charged? Is it the dollar amount maybe?
It is based on the type of bicycle parts being imported. Many times customs is wrong and most of your fee can be recovered.

You can check the Harmonized Tariff Code to see what they classified your shipment as and look up what it should be. Tariffs range from Free to 12% or so for bike parts.

If you find you got screwed, PM me and I can send you a letter that I have used to appeal. I got a refund of the tariff, but not the post office or customs fees.

http://hts.usitc.gov/ (hint, go to Chapter 87 to find bicycle stuff)

Good Luck

·
What the what???
12,710 Posts
jnbrown said:
I'm in the same boat as jnbrown, I placed an order on Thursday and their website says the order is still pending validation. I was thinking maybe there was a problem with my CC and Ribble's policy of charging in GBP, but I'm glad to hear your order shipped promptly.

I didn't see anything about customs charges in the ordering process. I'll have to go back and look at the fine print.

BTW, I used the TRIP7 discount but discovered that after entering the code, you have to push the "Apply" button on the web page itself. If you just hit enter/return, the code won't necessarily load.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Is there a customs fee for $130 value in (1x stem, 1x handlebar, 1x handlebar tape)?

Planning to order from ribble. And are they reliable in shipping to the USA?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts