Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts

· Have good, get give
Joined
·
964 Posts
Beyond dumb to put top of mind news immediately to the doping forum. Let it sit in the main thread for a few days then move it. I've never understood the need to have this all shoved as aside as if to say "nothing to see here, move along".
 

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts
culdeus said:
Beyond dumb to put top of mind news immediately to the doping forum. Let it sit in the main thread for a few days then move it. I've never understood the need to have this all shoved as aside as if to say "nothing to see here, move along".
Posts about bike components belong in the component forum.

Posts about politics go to Politics only.


You're saying posts about doping don't belong in the Doping Forum....which BTW seems to have far more activity today than this subforum?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
culdeus said:
Beyond dumb to put top of mind news immediately to the doping forum. Let it sit in the main thread for a few days then move it. I've never understood the need to have this all shoved as aside as if to say "nothing to see here, move along".
Totally agree. I would like to see an explanation for this. Moreover, why is the Doping Forum the last forum on the list. It is as if the powers that be do not want to face what is right in their face.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Room 1201 said:
Posts about bike components belong in the component forum.

Posts about politics go to Politics only.


You're saying posts about doping don't belong in the Doping Forum....which BTW seems to have far more activity today than this subforum?
Doping in regards to this year Tour de France should be in the Pro Cycling - 2008 TDF - Tour de France forum.
 

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts
Jason1500 said:
Doping in regards to this year Tour de France should be in the Pro Cycling - 2008 TDF - Tour de France forum.

Tell that to the OPs, within my knowledge over there--no threads have been moved by The Mod Squad.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
culdeus said:
Beyond dumb to put top of mind news immediately to the doping forum. Let it sit in the main thread for a few days then move it. I've never understood the need to have this all shoved as aside as if to say "nothing to see here, move along".
You notice how the "Doping" forum is way way down at the bottom of all the forums? Not only can't you talk about it in the Professional Racing forum (like doping has nothing to do w/ pro sports) it's like they want to marginalize it completely as an issue altogether. Goes a long way towards exposing most peoples' mentallities when it comes to cheating: DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!! SHUT UP!!!

Cripes But nevertheless the drip drip drip of irritating doping stories continues at a healthy pace.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Room 1201 said:
Tell that to the OPs, within my knowledge over there--no threads have been moved by The Mod Squad.
why tell the OP? As for threads being moved looked down a little more then half-way on the first page of this forum. Right below this thread "Official Tour de France - Stage 9 - Toulouse - Bagnères-de-Bigorre"
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
Tschai said:
Totally agree. I would like to see an explanation for this. Moreover, why is the Doping Forum the last forum on the list. It is as if the powers that be do not want to face what is right in their face.
I think everyone needs to forget the black helicopters in the sky. Why would the mods of RBR have any reason to "sweep under the rug" threads about doping and dopers? Its all part of cycling as it is today, unfortunately. The doping forum gets high activity on a day like this, and virtually none the rest of the time.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
ashpelham said:
I think everyone needs to forget the black helicopters in the sky. Why would the mods of RBR have any reason to "sweep under the rug" threads about doping and dopers? Its all part of cycling as it is today, unfortunately. The doping forum gets high activity on a day like this, and virtually none the rest of the time.
Then why do we even need a separate doping forum? The subject is an abiding and intrinsic part of professional sports obviously. Whether it was a conscious move or subconscious I think it never the less reveals that they are irritated by the subject and would rather not have to deal with it or maybe people complaining about it. Nor does it remove the fact that the forum is hard to find if you are new to RBR. It's waaay down there grouped with the "info" forums. Info??? Where's the logic in that? None, it just happens to be the very last spot on a long list of cycling topics.
 

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts
AJL said:
Geez, why do we have to go through this each year. It is the way it is. Deal.

We all NEED a hobby comeon. :)
 

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts
bigmig19 said:
If Mecewen wins the sprint today does that go to the sprinters forum. Is there a crashing into stationary objects forum? What about a cadel only forum?
If this were mtbr.com , yes. :thumbsup:
 

· your text here
Joined
·
13,203 Posts
its funny

because its true. dont they have, like, 100 different forums over there?
Room 1201 said:
If this were mtbr.com , yes. :thumbsup:
i understand why all the posts were moved to doping, but it would have been nice to have the most active one stay in procycling. that way we could avoid threads like this
 

· Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,357 Posts
weltyed said:
because its true. dont they have, like, 100 different forums over there?


i understand why all the posts were moved to doping, but it would have been nice to have the most active one stay in procycling. that way we could avoid threads like this

More like 130 I think.... :mad2:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
ashpelham said:
I think everyone needs to forget the black helicopters in the sky. Why would the mods of RBR have any reason to "sweep under the rug" threads about doping and dopers? Its all part of cycling as it is today, unfortunately. The doping forum gets high activity on a day like this, and virtually none the rest of the time.

go back and read last year's or better, the previous year's july archives. Francois does not enjoy the doping discussion and has taken a fairly heavy hand in trying to keep it out of pro cycling discussions (to the point of deleting posts within threads that remain to remove doping content). As this is his site that's absolutely his right but it's a bit disingenuous.
That said, I've got no problem with the status quo. tactics/results here, doping discussion in TDF.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
yep! we have a ton of different forums over at mtbr... some have even been locked up as a result of nasty bickering that spiraled out of control!!!

Doping discussion should be allowed to exist in the other section, but it's nice to be able to click on the "doping forum" for a good laugh!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top