Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
650 Posts
gizzard said:
He's just given the peleton another reason not to like him. Who's the vegetable now Cobra-man?
the irony if he was a vegetable (ie not won) and not been tested as much would he have been caught?

· Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over on DPF they are saying that two SD riders may have tested positive and the team is pulling out.

If Piepoli and Coba are using the same stuff then they are going down. Piepoli gave a sample when he won Monday. Coba would be a rider to test given that he is on the same team as Ricco and is climbing really well.

EDIT: The Saunier-Duval team has pulled out. They are running like cockroaches.

· I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
I doubt the UCI would have gone after him like the AFLD who is the one who targeted him - the UCI is not involved in the drug-testing for this year's TDF since it is being run under the auspices of the French Cycling Federation and not the UCI. A tremendously good thing, I say!

· Registered
650 Posts
gizzard said:
Good point. Apparently the UCI had been targeting him. I reckon there are one or two more surprises to come before this Tour is done. What does Saunier Duval do now?
the glass is half full, on less doper in the sport, he could have been great but he choose the other path.

· Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
philippec said:
I doubt the UCI would have gone after him like the AFLD who is the one who targeted him - the UCI is not involved in the drug-testing for this year's TDF since it si being run under the auspices of the French Cycling Federation and not the UCI. A tremendously good thing, I say!
This may be the first time we have seen serious dope testing, where the authorities have done their best to catch riders. The AFLD is to be commended.

· Registered
663 Posts
philippec said:
I doubt the UCI would have gone after him like the AFLD who is the one who targeted him - the UCI is not involved in the drug-testing for this year's TDF since it si being run under the auspices of the French Cycling Federation and not the UCI. A tremendously good thing, I say!
It's instances such as these that make the picture a whole lot clearer as to why the French cyclists haven't been able to mix it with the Italians, Spanish, Americans etc in recent years. It's got less to do with innate ability as cyclists and more to do with their approach to doping, I think.

· Registered
663 Posts
philippec said:
I doubt the UCI would have gone after him like the AFLD who is the one who targeted him - the UCI is not involved in the drug-testing for this year's TDF since it is being run under the auspices of the French Cycling Federation and not the UCI. A tremendously good thing, I say!
Ironically, Cyclingnews carried a story today about an unnamed team criticising the AFLD. Perhaps the AFLD is too good at its job for the teams' sakes?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jul08/jul17news3

· Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gizzard said:
Ironically, Cyclingnews carried a story today about an unnamed team criticising the AFLD. Perhaps the AFLD is too good at its job for the teams' sakes?
Things were much easier when you could pay the UCI a pile of cash under the table. Some teams are having a hard time adjusting.

· Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
That ride reminded me of Rasmussen and Contador in '07. Contador attacks and Rasmussen easily counters. It just looked like the Chicken wasn't working as hard. As always, there's a reason.

So Ricco has a naturally high hematocrit - what a crock of s***! The MD who issued that "Certificate" should lose his license for conspiracy or incompetence.

· Registered
3,245 Posts
gregario said:
I KNEW it! The way he attacked to win the stage made me very suspicious. I also got the feeling that Phil and Paul were a little suspicious as well.
+1. I just could not belive that one guy could ride away from the best cyclist in the world like that. Cobra my a**, more like weasel.

· Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
philippec said:
They might want to slow down. How are they going to find enough prosecutors to handle all these cases!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.