Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,550 Posts
MarvinK said:
The loud mouth was actually a result of roid rage! ;)
We have already established eslewhere that Ricco is probably Flatbar.

What a Jerk.

· Call me a Fred
17,026 Posts
I get mail addressed to Captain Awesome. Seriously.

· Registered
930 Posts
I knew he was full of PEDs when he flew up that mountain like some kind of cyborg. The camera often doesn't give you a good perception of speed but in this case you could get a real good sense of it. Honestly looked like he was moving up those steep slopes faster than my moped could.

· Banned
3,262 Posts
moabbiker said:
I knew he was full of PEDs when he flew up that mountain like some kind of cyborg. The camera often doesn't give you a good perception of speed but in this case you could get a real good sense of it. Honestly looked like he was moving up those steep slopes faster than my moped could.
Funny you say that. I was going up hill over a draw bridge at about 24 mph today and caught the eye of some lunatic on a scooter. Of course I was only 3 miles into my ride at the time and it was a short bridge. The guy on the scooter was impressed though as that POS had to struggle up the little hill.

Those scooters are all over South Florida. It's a Latin thing I think...:p

· Registered
2,514 Posts
I thought he was about the only interesting rider since 1999 in what is now a decidedly dull sport. I don't even give a damn who puts what in their own body and it's still driving me away. The only race I even watch much of now is the Giro, just because they have great courses and scenery (and the cameramen seem to find the hot chicks in the crowd).

It's impossible to become emotionally involved in a race when you know there is a good chance that whomever you choose to root for may have it all taken away post facto. Once you have separated yourself that far from caring the slide into not caring at all doesn't take much. Every other sport in the world seems to understand testing is just a show for the media, not to actually try to catch anyone because real testing =scandals= no sponsors. I don't know why cycling continues trying so hard to be the biggest moron in the bunch.

To the Hypocrites - every last one of you would be pushing to get to the front of the line if you could take a pill that would bring you the success you always wanted, multiply your income 10-20 fold and get all the pu$$y you could handle. No different than all the tv preachers, politicians and homophobes denouncing the evils of some sort of sex and then literally getting caught with their pants down. The ones that yap the most are the ones most tempted themselves.

· Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
I'm trying to be devils advocate. Ricco is a very young rider on the same team as 37 year old Piepoli. Maybe, just maybe Piepoli, as an elder that he looked up to influenced Ricco to try EPO. If he promised Ricco even more speed without the chance of getting busted, why not try? I'm 35 right now. I did some really dumb $hit when I was 23. Let's wait as see how Riccardo handles this before demanding a lifetime ban. Many have a mentor, and look up to them in a fatherly way. I'm an appliance tech, when I was 18 I was trained by someone with 50+ years of experience. I learned a lot from him. As I got older I also realized some of the corners he cut as far as saftey goes. I work much safer now. I feel Ricco is young and deserves a chance to return at some point. Piepoli is old enough to know better.
Bryan

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Bry03cobra said:
I'm trying to be devils advocate. Ricco is a very young rider on the same team as 37 year old Piepoli. Maybe, just maybe Piepoli, as an elder that he looked up to influenced Ricco to try EPO. If he promised Ricco even more speed without the chance of getting busted, why not try? I'm 35 right now. I did some really dumb $hit when I was 23. Let's wait as see how Riccardo handles this before demanding a lifetime ban. Many have a mentor, and look up to them in a fatherly way. I'm an appliance tech, when I was 18 I was trained by someone with 50+ years of experience. I learned a lot from him. As I got older I also realized some of the corners he cut as far as saftey goes. I work much safer now. I feel Ricco is young and deserves a chance to return at some point. Piepoli is old enough to know better.
Bryan
totally agree there. Ricco is a tool and should get a 2 yr vacation like everyone else but lifetime bans are just going to thin the field.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.