Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really any surprise? With the way he dominated in the mountains it looked like he was on something just the way Rasmussen, Basso, and Landis did. It really makes you wonder about Lance. I'm just saying.....

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah ya gotta wonder...

rollinrob said:
Is it really any surprise? With the way he dominated in the mountains it looked like he was on something just the way Rasmussen, Basso, and Landis did. It really makes you wonder about Lance. I'm just saying.....
I think the difference, was that Lance concentrated on the TDF and rode in the Mountains all the time.... If you live up there and ride up there , your body does what drugs do... You GET the high hemocrit levels, plus all the other dynamics of the body that let you do what Lance did....

Watch his 21 days to the tour DVD... I believe he spent most of his time in the hills...Most other cyclists have other commitments and cant dedicate ALL their time to the Hills...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
pr0230 said:
I think the difference, was that Lance concentrated on the TDF and rode in the Mountains all the time.... If you live up there and ride up there , your body does what drugs do... You GET the high hemocrit levels, plus all the other dynamics of the body that let you do what Lance did....

Watch his 21 days to the tour DVD... I believe he spent most of his time in the hills...Most other cyclists have other commitments and cant dedicate ALL their time to the Hills...
keep drinking the Koolaid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
pr0230 said:

Yeah, that's it. Lance was the only one dedicated enough to spend the time in the hills. All the other cyclists had too many commitments and couldn't dedicate their time to train like Lance did.

:mad2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its unbelievable to me that these guys will risk everything. The guy's cycling legacy will be tarnished forever. He'll always have that stigma attached to his past accomplishments and he'll never come back at the same level of performance after his ban.

See ya Cobra!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
bertoni said:
What is it going to take to stop these idiots? I would be in favor of a lifetime ban from cycling.
Whats its gonna take is whats happening they dope they get caught and banned.

I think we all wish that people would just stop but there will always be some who try and cheat.

Personally I think there are a bunch who are clean now but there are still some that are trying slip through the cracks withe new drugs and ways of taking it they just caught 3 - theres more hopfully they will catch them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
32and3cross said:
Whats its gonna take is whats happening they dope they get caught and banned.

I think we all wish that people would just stop but there will always be some who try and cheat.

Personally I think there are a bunch who are clean now but there are still some that are trying slip through the cracks withe new drugs and ways of taking it they just caught 3 - theres more hopfully they will catch them.
How about a 5 year ban or a permanent ban instead of two years? With that type of penalty hanging over their head, I have to believe these guys would make better decisions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The reason why this is a Lance topic

Because all three have been busted for using a new form of EPO, rEPO, that they obviously gambled was either too new for the labs to have developed tests for or, since the labs never announced testing for it had been added, they assumed wasn't on the radar so to speak. And these riders may have been using it all season but just got caught now.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN ACCUSATION JUST A RECITAL OF FACTS I AM AWARE OF:

On positive side: Eddie Merxx did more when he won-holding double and tripe jersey awards than Armstrong and was IMHO even better and there is no evidence he doped. So it can be done. And Armstrong did train rigorously almost insanely.

On the negative side: Several people close to Armstrong say he doped and that the only defense we hear is that he just focused on the Tour and trained more in hills (neither of which is very convincing--everyone trains in hills for the TDF). His performance in the mountains looked more like dopers Landis and Ricco than the clean riders who struggled behind them and him over the passes. His denials mean nothing: Bary Bonds still denies doping and we have Olympic great losing medals over it--even after some of them denied for years. Landis still denies he doped.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
VeloMellow said:
Because all three have been busted for using a new form of EPO, rEPO, that they obviously gambled was either too new for the labs to have developed tests for or, since the labs never announced testing for it had been added, they assumed wasn't on the radar so to speak. And these riders may have been using it all season but just got caught now.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN ACCUSATION JUST A RECITAL OF FACTS I AM AWARE OF:

On positive side: Eddie Merxx did more when he won-holding double and tripe jersey awards than Armstrong and was IMHO even better and there is no evidence he doped. So it can be done. And Armstrong did train rigorously almost insanely.

On the negative side: Several people close to Armstrong say he doped and that the only defense we hear is that he just focused on the Tour and trained more in hills (neither of which is very convincing--everyone trains in hills for the TDF). His performance in the mountains looked more like dopers Landis and Ricco than the clean riders who struggled behind them and him over the passes. His denials mean nothing: Bary Bonds still denies doping and we have Olympic great losing medals over it--even after some of them denied for years. Landis still denies he doped.
What the french, toast. Merckx was just as dirty as Anquetil and Coppi and (for all we know) Thys before him and Armstrong and Ullrich after him.

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
Naturally high hematocrit, my ass!

You're gotta wonder about the whole team. Piepoli & Cabo looked awfully good at the finish of stage 10, while Schleck was foaming at the mouth.

·
Albert Owen
1,041 Posts
Theory:
I think that Valverde is clean, which is why he can't sustain his quest for Yellow over the length of the Tour.

I think that cycling is still riddled with cheats - a lifetime ban for a 1st offence for individuals and a couple of seasons out for all team personel (coaches, sporting directors etc) who have a cheating rider in their team.

Events have proved that there is no other way.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
I liked him. He's a bastard. For doping that is.

It looked believable actually initially. But oh well.. Whatever.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm Curious

rollinrob said:
So.......should we assume that anyone who does well is on drugs?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.