Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Velonews reported today that Saunier Duval's top guy said it is very probable that it is pulling the plug on sponsorship given the firings of Ricco and Piepoli. I guess all the yellow themed Addicts and CR1's will soon be passe.

What a shame. Hopefully the next sponsor will choose Scott.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
cyclocommuter said:
SIMHO, that name will now always be associated with alledged EPO addicts Ricco and Piepoli. Surely, no future sponsor will want that.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
638 Posts
ill take ricco's addict. its a beautiful bike that deserves a good drug free home, not some cocky cheating loser. and I agree that whoever takes the team should keep scott... theyre great bikes and its not their fault what happened. hahahaha i wonder if rock racing is headed to france to pay riccos bail money before leakyass beat em to it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
How ironic and perhaps fitting that the name of Scott's top bike, the "Addict" is most associated with drugs. I guess the marketing folks at Scott chose the name because it sounds badass, but it perhaps hits too close to home given the present state of things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.