Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shrewdest Unit Mover
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would this make any sense?

QS doesn't really have a GC team for the grand tours so are they trying for mountain stages?

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
empty_set said:
Why would this make any sense?

QS doesn't really have a GC team for the grand tours so are they trying for mountain stages?
why not. He was probably relatively cheap and it's not like there are a lot of pre-assigned seats on their GC squad.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
not sure i would consider the cobra a GC threat. they are probably looking for a mountain goat to take some stages here and there. and with boonen getting older, they may be looking to switch their concentration.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
weltyed said:
with boonen getting older, they may be looking to switch their concentration.
They are a Belgian team, which means they will always have one primary concentration: win the northern classics and anything Belgian. Maybe Ricco gives them a shot in the Ardennes races.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
mohair_chair said:
They are a Belgian team, which means they will always have one primary concentration: win the northern classics and anything Belgian. Maybe Ricco gives them a shot in the Ardennes races.
And maybe if his form is the same as the pre-suspension days, he has a shot at the Giro.

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
I like how he's quoted as saying the last GT he raced was the 2008 Giro. Guess he wants to forget about the little ol' race called the Tour de France.

·
Shrewdest Unit Mover
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jorgy said:
I like how he's quoted as saying the last GT he raced was the 2008 Giro. Guess he wants to forget about the little ol' race called the Tour de France.
Outta sight, outta mind.

·
Registered
406 Posts
jorgy said:
Well, to be fair, he said it's been since the 2008 Giro since he did a "3 week" tour.. His Tour de France wasn't 3 weeks, correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts