Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3car said:
His genuine remorse is touching. I am sure he has learned his lesson and should be allowed back into the peleton immediately.
I at least prefer it to Sella's typical BS denial. I think riders should be given reduced sentences if they fess up and reveal who else is involved in their doping.

· Registered
2,177 Posts
the spanish have been hit hard over the past few years. Now it looks like the italians turn. Ricco's a jackass. Sella's performance was absolutly cheating and i knew it the entire time. Too bad...
I prefer the Giro to the Tour.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jhamlin38 said:
the spanish have been hit hard over the past few years. Now it looks like the italians turn. Ricco's a jackass. Sella's performance was absolutly cheating and i knew it the entire time. Too bad...
I prefer the Giro to the Tour.
You think so? Italian cycling, appears to me, to be in the process of being gutted by positive test after positive test ever since Torre took over at CONI. So far there is little if any indication that the dope testing has gotten serious in Spain. Despite OP involving many Spanish riders the only ones to be sanctioned were 2 Italians and 2 Germans. In my mind, Spain is the last hold out of the old doping culture amongst the major cycling nations. France, Belgium, and now Italy have all taken steps at different times to increase domestic testing and pressure on dopers, what has Spain done?

· Registered
51 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
I at least prefer it to Sella's typical BS denial. I think riders should be given reduced sentences if they fess up and reveal who else is involved in their doping.
Except in this case where he clearly is only sorry that he got caught cheating, not that he was sorry he cheated.

· Banned
608 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
True irony would be Kloden getting caught. Sure wouldn't surprise me, though. He's one of the few great Lance-era GC riders who is still going...strong.
Not quite. He is riding under the sword of Damocles. All it will take to cut the thread is more info to leak out about Freiberg and T-Mobile. Werner Franke still has upcoming court cases where he might reveal information that will kill Kloden.

Michael Rogers was not on the Columbia TdF squad because of his past with T-Mobile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.