Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a new set of wheels and Reynolds Solitude and Attack seem to be real good bang for the buck. I am 200lbs and ride on normal everyday roads in an around Houston which consists of some railroad track crossings. I consider myself an average rider and I have only ridden on Bontrager Selects that came on my 2006 Lemond Alp De Huez. What would feel different between the Solitude and Attack (one being aluminum and one carbon)? These will be going on a Cervelo RS (my first carbon bike) - which is another reason I am considering the Reynolds - the black and white rims with the black and white on the frame will look great.

· p != b
2,303 Posts
MCF said:
What would feel different between the Solitude and Attack (one being aluminum and one carbon)?
The attack will make your bike (and wallet) lighter when you pick it up. I'm not saying they're bad wheels, but any difference you 'feel' between the two is likely placebo affect.

· yup
2,739 Posts
Do you live near an LBS that might have both? Take both sets for a spin. I think they will feel a little different.. The attacks are only 105 grams lighter for the pair, and what, like 500 bucks more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.