Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in the South Naples area the second week of March. I am looking for any group rides in that area as well as good training route. Looking to do between 2-6 hours a day. Thank you for your help. I will be staying at Naples Lakes if that helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Schvonzie said:
I will be in the South Naples area the second week of March. I am looking for any group rides in that area as well as good training route. Looking to do between 2-6 hours a day. Thank you for your help. I will be staying at Naples Lakes if that helps.
Most LBS (Naples Cyclery, Clint's, Bike Route) in town have some sort of organized rides on selected days of the week. Contact any of them for information prior to your visit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Clint's ride 1st choice

Look at naplesvelo.org for schedule- your form must be decent or you will be dropped like a lead balloon

All rides depart from Clint's Bike Shoppe in The Marketplace at Pelican Bay at 7:00 a.m. sharp; All serious riders and triathletes welcome; Phone 514-2606. Nick

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dropped like a lead balloon...

allezdude said:
Look at naplesvelo.org for schedule- your form must be decent or you will be dropped like a lead balloon

All rides depart from Clint's Bike Shoppe in The Marketplace at Pelican Bay at 7:00 a.m. sharp; All serious riders and triathletes welcome; Phone 514-2606. Nick
You're not kidding about being dropped like a lead balloon. I'm heading to Naples on Sunday for a few days myself and will be staying at my parent's place. I thought I might check out the website you posted to see if there was a recovery ride that I could join while riding my father's Bianchi Milano. I was happy to see a recovery ride scheduled for Monday, but then saw the expected pace was 20 mph. That's a fast recovery ride in my book.

I think I'll head out on my own.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't let all that Clint's talk scare you off....

SteveD said:
You're not kidding about being dropped like a lead balloon. I'm heading to Naples on Sunday for a few days myself and will be staying at my parent's place. I thought I might check out the website you posted to see if there was a recovery ride that I could join while riding my father's Bianchi Milano. I was happy to see a recovery ride scheduled for Monday, but then saw the expected pace was 20 mph. That's a fast recovery ride in my book.

I think I'll head out on my own.

Naples Cyclery, just across the street in another shopping plaza, offers both morning and evening rides selected days of the week. The pace generally sane. I've ridden with them through Port Royal taking regular pulls at 26mph or evening rides through Pelican Bay at 17 or 18. The rides I've joined were comprised of varying abilities, male and female, and no egos. Nice people at the shop, expect a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Note regarding ride speeds

Remember that Naples is extremely flat. The only "hills" are highway overpasses. I rode in a B group in NJ and we easily kept pacelines going in the 25-30 MPH zone on the flats.

P.S. I'm now down here in the DC area so I'm looking forward to some group rides with some of the clubs down here as soon as it warms up a bit.

-Chris

·
Registered
661 Posts
newridr said:
Remember that Naples is extremely flat. The only "hills" are highway overpasses. I rode in a B group in NJ and we easily kept pacelines going in the 25-30 MPH zone on the flats.

A byproduct of flatness is that you seldom coast on group rides. 25 mph for an hour straight is a pretty good workout.Want more? Stay on the front and take long pulls. The wind can be a factor along the coast too.
We have our fair share of fast guys and women despite the lack of hills.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Bring this back from the dead eh!? Any other riders as I will be back in Naples again this year. I know the route I think but they just do a 10 mil circuit.... snooooooze. Any 50-70 mile loops?

K

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
IUbike said:
Bring this back from the dead eh!? Any other riders as I will be back in Naples again this year. I know the route I think but they just do a 10 mil circuit.... snooooooze. Any 50-70 mile loops?
I will also be vacationing in Naples for spring break (March 19-25). I'd like to hook up with somebody or a group for long miles - 10 miles won't cut it!

I tried e-mailing Clint's Bike Shop, but the message bounced back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts