Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the OK from Gregg (the admin) to post this, so thanks, Gregg.

I volunteer as the co-director of a breast cancer charity ride called the York Tour de Pink (my wife is a survivor of cancer from age 32). A couple of RBR members helped me last year with donations and maps, so thank you, guys.

The basics:
<b>Start:</b> Friday, Oct. 6; Times Square, NYC
<b>End:</b> Monday, Oct. 9; Chocolate World, Hershey, PA
<b>Miles:</b> Approx. 220
<b>Reg fee:</b> $80
<b>Fundraising minimum:</b> $2,500
<b>Lodging: </b> Hotels

The ride is sponsored by Hershey, so there will be chocolate. Mavic is providing support. The company handling logistics is called G4 Events. These women put on the SF Grand Prix, USPRO in Philly, etc. They know their stuff.

Hershey is underwriting expenses, so every dollar raised goes to the Young Survival Coalition to support young women with breast cancer and their families. Riders of all abilites are welcome. We're talking to two former world champions about riding with us.

Check here for more info: www.youngsurvival.org/tourdepink Post or PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Michael Barry and Other Pros Join the Ride

Here's the latest on the ride. Thanks for looking.

Four professional cycling stars -- Kristin Armstrong (TEAm Lipton), Mari Holden (T-Mobile Women’s Team) and Dede Barry (former World Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist) and Michael Barry (Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team) -- have teamed up to ride in the YORK Tour de Pink, a cycling fundraising event benefiting the Young Survival Coalition, the only international network of breast cancer survivors, medical professionals and supporters dedicated to young women affected by breast cancer.

team_sheepshead said:
I just got the OK from Gregg (the admin) to post this, so thanks, Gregg.

I volunteer as the co-director of a breast cancer charity ride called the York Tour de Pink (my wife is a survivor of cancer from age 32). A couple of RBR members helped me last year with donations and maps, so thank you, guys.

The basics:
<b>Start:</b> Friday, Oct. 6; Times Square, NYC
<b>End:</b> Monday, Oct. 9; Chocolate World, Hershey, PA
<b>Miles:</b> Approx. 220
<b>Reg fee:</b> $80
<b>Fundraising minimum:</b> $2,500
<b>Lodging: </b> Hotels

The ride is sponsored by Hershey, so there will be chocolate. Mavic is providing support. The company handling logistics is called G4 Events. These women put on the SF Grand Prix, USPRO in Philly, etc. They know their stuff.

Hershey is underwriting expenses, so every dollar raised goes to the Young Survival Coalition to support young women with breast cancer and their families. Riders of all abilites are welcome. We're talking to two former world champions about riding with us.

Check here for more info: www.youngsurvival.org/tourdepink Post or PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.