Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter Weather... isn't it wonderful! It's been like this all Winter. Pineapple Fields!!!

Ba Gua Mountain in Central Taiwan:

Yesterday I took the Changhua highway out to downtown Changhua. From the Japanese kendo dojo at the base of BaGuaShan, I started my ascent to the top of BaGuaShan. I rode the Nantou highway along the spine of the mountain to Nantou. In Nantou city I turned back and headed back toward Taichung through Caotun, Wufeng and Dali.

Trip Notes: Beautiful day, so it made for nice riding. The area was teeming with cycling groups, but they all cluster around the easier sections to escape from. The bulk of the trip is scenic without much traffic. The first three hills take a little work to cover with any speed, but they get the legs ready for the next 8 sets of climbs. The climbs are followed by nice descents to let the legs rest. The return trip is a slog through traffic, and there are some alternate routes, but it is more or less flat.

Trip: BaGuaShan Tip to Tip.
Distance: 84km.
Time Elapsed: 4hrs. 7min.
Top Speed: 58kph
Average Speed: 22kph
Conditions: Clear and sunny with a return head wind.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hey man, is that all !?! Three nice pictures, but how often do we get to see ride reports from Tiwan? Yo8 covered one out of of 84 KM- Come on, let`s see some more!

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok ok ok!!! I'll put up one more from the base of the mountain. I could give you a Taiwan ride report every week if you want... I just thought I'd rub in the beautiful weather we've been having. I am sure summer will be a disaster, but what a nice winter. I'm just trying to get the road miles in before it gets rainy and I switch to the CX tires.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Sweet stuff!

Yes indeed we want to see more.

Lots more.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Pineapple with salsa, I never thought of that, cool.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check my gallery... it's full of Taiwan ride report pictures. The weather has just been phenomenal. I was raised in Seattle, so I get to hear about the winter they've been having.
Anyway... thanks guys for the positive feedback. Much appreciated. We don't get a lot of worldly love in Taiwan, so it is nice to be noticed :).

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice report. I like the painting like effect your camera gives the pics. I agree with everyone else, post more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts