Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I rode the south half of the lake and did this ride report:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=45197&highlight=lake+washington

The sun is out in Seattle today, so here's the other half. I started out in Bellevue, Wa on the east side of the lake. After a ride across the I-90 bridge, the first shot is the obligatory Mt. Rainier picture. That's one big rock. Next is a look back at the city of Bellevue with the Cascades in the background.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This loop is about 50 miles from my house. Here's the view from the halfway point at the north end of the lake looking South. Then it's a flat ride along the mighty Sammamish Slew to Redmond.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redmond has its share of dweebs with money...lots of money; I would guess that's the target market for this piece of art. A sign said it was for sale for $50K. Then a little bit down the path is Marymoor Park. Which has a beautiful velodrome and a windmill.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Redmond, the ride home is along Lake Sammamish. At the south end of the lake, you can look north to another volcano...Mt Baker and east to the Cascades. Then it's home for a hot cup of tea and some calories.

Thanks again to all who contribute to the site.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I rode around the north end last Saturday. You were much smarter than me in terms of timing your ride. Did you hear about the tree that fell on the BGT near Logboom? I had to carry my bike and climb over it. Scary thing was that it wasn't there half an hour before.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rcnute said:
I rode around the north end last Saturday. You were much smarter than me in terms of timing your ride. Did you hear about the tree that fell on the BGT near Logboom? I had to carry my bike and climb over it. Scary thing was that it wasn't there half an hour before.
Wow, that was quite a storm. A couple of houses away a big tree came down. A lot-o-energy in a falling tree. I did ride past a few cleaned up mudslides too.

·
C 1/5
609 Posts
Hey...great post! Are you able to ride on a path for the entire ride or do you ride the road as well?

I like the paint job on your Colnago as well. Most Colnago's I've seen don't appeal to me, but the colors of yours look really good.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chase15.5 said:
Hey...great post! Are you able to ride on a path for the entire ride or do you ride the road as well?

I like the paint job on your Colnago as well. Most Colnago's I've seen don't appeal to me, but the colors of yours look really good.
Thanks. It's a mix of trails and roads. Probably about 60% trail, and the roads aren't bad. They are about to open a new trail that runs the length of east lake sammmish too that would connect to this. It also was a railroad that has been converted. The Colnago is new to me; I found it on Craig's list for a good deal. I suppose it's my "flashy" bike. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts