Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Potatoes
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lena and I were visiting her Family in Ladbergen, Germany over Easter. I suggested that we go for a ride at some stage over the weekend to counter the over-eating, so we ended up borrowing the grandparents' bikes and did a little exploring. It's traditional to have 'Oster Feuer' (Easter Bonfires) on Easter Sunday night... which meant that we were blanketed by smoke on Monday. Still made for some really nice riding conditions.

Heading out of Ladbergen along the tow path, out along the fields and then into the woods.

·
Potatoes
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ride Report: Smokey Oster Part 2

Through the woods, past some farms and taking the bike path back into town.

NB: Holland bikes are driftable :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Darn nice stuff.

I'll have to check this out on a map......

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Wow, nice way to burn of the Easter feast. I'd love to do that but I can't read the street signs.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Complete bicycle accessibility to most anywhere is a great achievement.

As is good bread.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
majura said:
so we ended up borrowing the grandparents' bikes .
Guess you can tell that the bicycle culture is a little different there, as compared to here....

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Beautiful pictures- some of them almost look like paintings for the smokey mist. I like the one with your wife looking back over her shoulder, seems like she`s getting ready to ride right into a mural.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Very nice. A nice ethereal (sp?) look. Really sets a neet mood for the shots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts