Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out visiting my Dad and took a morning ride. I know I've crossed over when I can't even go out of town for a social visit without bringing by bike. Rode outside town in the early morning about 15-20 miles each way. I alway forget just how beautiful it is out here.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While outside town, I think I saw maybe 3 vehicles. However i did make some friends. Saw some beautiful Red Tailed hawks, several turkey vultures, and a herd of Longhorns:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the way back I cut through downtown. You can tell you're in West Texas when the parking lots only have pickup trucks in them, and the few cars you see look like this one:

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I went to school at Abilene CU. I forgot how flat it was out there. Any sandstorms lately? I had friends at San Angelo State U that I used to drive down and hang out with.
Good pictures, nice topic.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bill!

No sandstorms. As a child I can't tell you how many toys I lost in sandstorms. Believe it or not, it actually rained yesterday and some this morning. A little over 1 inch I was told. I had to keep my eyes peeled for flooded out low spots. Actually on the way back one spot was about 10 inches deep. Made me think of some of your pics you've posted.

My uncle likes it when I come out here and visit. He says I always bring either cooler weather, or rain...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Chris H said:
On the way back I cut through downtown. You can tell you're in West Texas when the parking lots only have pickup trucks in them, and the few cars you see look like this one:
I visited my folks in Dallas in January - we went out to Big Bend for the week - as always it's such a dramatic drive - lonely, empty roads to bike on

great post - it's hard to convey the flat big sky empty of west Texas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.