Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a glimpse of the crash just after the Babylon start? I was in front of it and heard a loud snap and out of the corner of my eye, saw a guy go endo....

anymore details from other eyewitnesses?

· Registered
1 Posts
That crash would be mine. Thanks for asking about it.

Stupidly trying to fix my bike computer as I was riding and my foot slipped and went into the wheel. I went right over the handlebars and landed on my head and face. The helmet was flattened and cracked - saved my life. Had to have my lip reconstructed with a skin graft. Lost some teeth and bone in my gums which is all in the process of getting fixed. And also had a spinal concussion and nerve damage in my hands. Was in the hospital for a week and recovering at home for 2 months. Freak accident.

Still recovering from everything but I am just happy to be alive and thankfully everything will be fixed :)

· Registered
2,512 Posts
kristin248 said:
That crash would be mine. Thanks for asking about it.

Stupidly trying to fix my bike computer as I was riding and my foot slipped and went into the wheel. I went right over the handlebars and landed on my head and face. The helmet was flattened and cracked - saved my life. Had to have my lip reconstructed with a skin graft. Lost some teeth and bone in my gums which is all in the process of getting fixed. And also had a spinal concussion and nerve damage in my hands. Was in the hospital for a week and recovering at home for 2 months. Freak accident.

Still recovering from everything but I am just happy to be alive and thankfully everything will be fixed :)
Wow - glad to hear you're OK.

· Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad that you're recovering

· Registered
706 Posts
Wow, Kristin, sorry to hear, just seeing this now, and hope you've had a full recovery by now. That was my first ride out to Montauk and it was a great deal of fun. Oddly enough we were the first group back and got to take full advantage of the hot showers and Blue Point beer. A good day in all.
We did another century out to there this past Sunday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.