Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my road bike for two weeks, I finally found the time to really test myself. I parked at IBM in Boulder and rode to Ward yesterday. It was an amazing ride! I did it in just under 3 hours, averaged 16.1mph, and met a fellow roadie who bought me a gatorade because I forgot to bring cash. Thanks Matt!

Anyway, I'm loving this new hobby and after my legs recover, I'm going up again!

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
That's a classic ride. Try turning right at Ward and coming back throught the town of Raymond and down the St. Vrain canyon next time.

· Still waiting......
1,322 Posts
Or go up to Jamestown, continue thru town (it gets pretty steep), up to Peak to Peak and then down either LHC, or St Vrain

Hard to go wrong riding up that way.

Also, check out Lee Hill and Old Stage for some shorter climbs.

· Registered
838 Posts
Of course there are dozens of good climbs in the Boulder area, and you probably don't need us to list them all (besides, that's been done before). But the climb to Ward is certainly the classic. It's a right of passage. Congratulations, especially for somebody who's only had their bike for two weeks.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've lived in the Boulder area for almost 20 years and I've been a MTBer for most of them so I know about most of the good climbs. I recently had to quit running so I picked up a road bike and now I'm tackling those climbs I've heard so much about. Next on the list: Flagstaff, St. Vrain Canyon, Golden Gate Canyon, Lookout Mtn, and many more.

I think I have the bug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.