Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· pi makes wheels go round
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures are actually from the ride home last night and the ride in this morning, but a couple of them turned out nice...

1) Near Salinas, there are a ton of farms, and in addition to smelling strawberries, you occassionally get a very cool misting from the sprinklers
2) In the morning, I take the bus past the part above... traffic isn't too fun (although not bad), but the headwind makes it a real slog to get through those 10 miles
3) The MUT is full of the odd road hazard. The candians are the worst.
4) A shopping center/habitat preserve...
5) There was a guy ocean fishing today. I don't think he was catching anything, though. Maybe the odd diver.
6) Kayaking is pretty popular in monterey, too. They are a wild species, with the appropriate warnings.
7) Boats in the bay... the mist was nice today
8) One of the cool things about working at Light and Motion is that bikes in the building are pretty well accepted... Lots of Santa Cruz mountain bikes, but there are commuters strewn about as well.

Now we are off to the company picnic on the beach :)

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,365 Posts
Love the pictures. And I'm glad you're proud enough of your stem spacers to do 'em a la the Duomo in Firenze. A man after my own heart.

293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mapei Roida said:
Love the pictures. And I'm glad you're proud enough of your stem spacers to do 'em a la the Duomo in Firenze. A man after my own heart.
Thanks... And i figure if you have to have 2" of spacers, might as well do something with them. I actually think it makes the stack look less tall. Those horizontal "shrinking" stripes, or something.

-Damon

· Registered
1,318 Posts
damon said:
8) One of the cool things about working at Light and Motion is that bikes in the building are pretty well accepted... Lots of Santa Cruz mountain bikes, but there are commuters strewn about as well.
I love my Light & Motion Ultra Li-ion ARC! Man, what sort of deals do you get on lights? :)

293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wipeout said:
I love my Light & Motion Ultra Li-ion ARC! Man, what sort of deals do you get on lights? :)
Well, I'm an engineer, and at other companies I've worked at, engineers usually get the beat-on prototypes for free. I really don't know how that works here, though. I've heard of some people getting some pretty sweet deals, but i think i have to work there for more than 2 weeks before i start entertaining those thoughts :)

-Damon

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
That first pic and that boat pic is awesome!

The sprinklers remind me of my ignorance toward the realties of life though. Last year I was next to a golf course purposely riding through the sprinklers when my laughing riding buddy pointed out that it was treated effulent they were watering with! YUCK!

· hairy-legged roadie
231 Posts
You'd be surprised

Ridgetop said:
That first pic and that boat pic is awesome!

The sprinklers remind me of my ignorance toward the realties of life though. Last year I was next to a golf course purposely riding through the sprinklers when my laughing riding buddy pointed out that it was treated effulent they were watering with! YUCK!
My HS class took a trip to the water treatment plant in the Patuzent River watershed area, here in MD. The technician showed us EVERYTHING that goes on, (and I eman it, like from floating poop and things you dont' wanna see to the cleanr unning water); he subsequently dipped a plastic cup into the water as it ran clean past a removable viewing case and drank it! We were shocked until he told us that water was cleaner than most filtered water on the market, and tap water is out of the question here BTW (as far as cleanliness in concerned).

It was s shame it ran into a nearby stream; people dont' use it merely because they know where it came from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.