Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see riders pulling over to the side of the road and doing a #1. Has there ever been a rider who just couldn't hold it and has done a #2. I would expect the rider to have a lot a catching up to do to get back to the peleton and his shorts and saddle will be messy.

·
off the back
15,579 Posts
Happens often enough, but you usually don't see much of it. Usually they pull off and run out into a cornfield or something.

There's a story about Greg Lemond suffering a bout of dysentery during one of the spring classics, maybe Paris-Roubaix. Might be able to find it with a Google search.

There was another story I heard the announcers talk of this spring, I can't remember what race, but in some race last year, a rider had to go, and stopped at some spectators' RV van, and asked them if he could use the crapper.

I found it funny when watching the Dauphine earlier this year. They had the camera focused on the front of the peloton, and you see Froome over to the side, and he starts tugging at his jersey and then his bibs. At first I'm like "What the hell is he doing?" but as he continued, I'm like, "Ahh, I know what he's gonna do". And then the camera stayed on the front of the pack as he's got little Froomie in his hand watering the daisies. You see it a lot from behind, but that's the first time I've seen the camera catch it from the front.

Almost saw it again the other day on Sunday's stage, a Moviestar rider pulled over while tugging at his shorts, and there was another rider about 40 feet or so behind him doing the same, but then the camera cut away.

I gotta figure the guys who choose to wear skinsuits on road stages just piss in their chamois.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember the one with the RV, I think it was a previous TDF.

Do the team cars pull over and throw a roll of toilet paper. lol

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
They use campers all the time from spectators.

I just read yesterday about someone doing it, I read every year of it happening and there's usually pictures of it.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
There's a story about Greg Lemond suffering a bout of dysentery during one of the spring classics, maybe Paris-Roubaix. Might be able to find it with a Google search.
It was at the tour - he ended up shitting in a box of Hinult trading cards in the camper after the stage. He went on to win the tour.

I gotta figure the guys who choose to wear skinsuits on road stages just piss in their chamois.
No they just pull up a leg like the rest of us do when they want to piss in their skinsuit

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I see riders pulling over to the side of the road and doing a #1. Has there ever been a rider who just couldn't hold it and has done a #2. I would expect the rider to have a lot a catching up to do to get back to the peleton and his shorts and saddle will be messy.
Sure thers has, they don't linger over it reading the papaer when it happens, and why on earth would think they did not know how to wipe their arse?

·
Fresh from the china shop
164 Posts
I don't remember which year, but it was one of Contadors wins, he finished the TT having obviously crapped his pants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts