Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for rides in Dublin, Ca? I'm going to be there in June, and while I am familiar with the Penninsula, I don't know the Dublin area. Thanks in advance!

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
pdainsworth said:
Anyone have any suggestions for rides in Dublin, Ca? I'm going to be there in June, and while I am familiar with the Penninsula, I don't know the Dublin area. Thanks in advance!
I'm not an expert on Dublin, but I've ridden there many times. You didn't say what kind of rides you are looking for, but the easiest suggestion is to take Foothill down thru Pleasanton, into Sunol, then take Niles Canyon Road west until Palomares. Climb up Palomares, then descend the other side. At the bottom, turn right and pick up Dublin Canyon Road, which runs along Hwy 580, back into Dublin. It's a classic loop for people who live out there. Ride it the opposite way and it's a different ride. A good variation is to get on Calaveras Road out of Sunol. Calaveras is one of the best roads to ride in the Bay Area. I would ride it out to the end, then turn around and come back, because the alternative is to ride through Milpitas and Fremont, which isn't all that fun. Another variation is at the end of Palomares, where it hits Dublin Canyon, you ca n work your way into Castro Valley and pick up Redwood Road. This is a pretty good climb into the East Bay hills, and depending on how ambitious you are, you can string together a lot of good roads and do a great loop back to Dublin.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you're up for a short drive, you can do Mt Diablo. Never done it, but others here should be able to give more specifics. Another option is to cross the Altamont pass east of Livermore. If you want some nice, quiet, flat riding out in the country/farmlands, there are some nice loops around Tracy. That's about a 30min drive. I used to live in French Camp just N of Tracy, so am quite familiar with that area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the Tri Valley

We have great road riding in the Tri Valley area. The Valley Spokesman site is a good place to start. Take your pick - Calaveras, Palomares or riding over the frontage road into Castro Valley and going up Redwood Road to all the rides in hte Oakland Hills. You can also get to Mt Diablo quicky from Dublin and climb 3,300 feet in 10 miles (Mt Hamilton is pretty close, too). If you come out my way to Livermore we've got Morgan Territory, Patterson Pass, Tesla, Del Valle and Mines Road. The Livermore rides have a lot less traffic.

If you have time free mid-day and have good pack skills the Livermore Lab group lunch time rides are fantastic as well. The House of Pain ride rolls through your neigborhood too.

PM if you want specifics.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Great responses, all. The Valley Spokesmen site look very useful. Thanks a lot!
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.