Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indecision 2008! This is worse than Obama vs. Clinton!:D

These 2 bikes are very similar (especially as they come from the same manufacturer).
They have identical geometries, but come with slightly different component setups.

My riding is city riding/commuting, no big hills, the occasional slope, but nothing major. I love to ride as fast as possible.

I am leaning towards the Genesis Day because of it's double crank and short arm rear derailleur, but the Flight T3's triple could be more flexible and it's RS10 wheels are perhaps better than the WH-R500's of the Genesis.

If you have any opinions on these 2 bikes I would be greatly appreciative.

GENESIS DAY 01 £499.99

Frame: 6061 Double Butted Heat treated Aluminium
Forks: Genesis Carbon
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-440
Shifters: Shimano SL-R440
Chainset: Shimano Tiagra 50/34
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech II
Chain: HG53
Freewheel: Shimano Cassette 11-25 9sp
Headset: Sealed Intellaset w/alloy spacer
Stem: Genesis Alloy Ahead
Handlebars: Carbon 560mm
Front Brake: Shimano R450 Dual Pivot
Rear Brake: Shimano R450 Dual Pivot
Brake Levers: Shimano BL-R550
Rims: Shimano R500 Wheelset
Tyres: Continental Ultra Race Folding 700x 23c
Saddle: Genesis RD2 Cr-Mo rail
Seatpost: Carbon 27.2mm
Pedals: Road w/clips & straps
Grips: Dual Density
Miscellaneous: Weight 22.25lbs

RIDGEBACK Flight T3 £539.99

Frame: 6061 Double Butted Heat treated Aluminium
Forks: Carbon
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra GS
Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-453
Shifters: Shimano SL-R440
Chainset: Shimano Tiagra 50/39/30
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech II
Chain: HG53
Freewheel: Shimano Cassette 11-25 9sp
Headset: Sealed Intellaset w/alloy spacer
Stem: Alloy Ahead SL
Handlebars: Carbon 560mm
Front Brake: Shimano R450
Rear Brake: Shimano R450
Brake Levers: Shimano BL-R550
Rims: Shimano RS10 Wheelset
Spokes: Stainless steel black
Tyres: Continental Ultra Race 700x 25c
Saddle: Ozone SL
Seatpost: Carbon 27.2mm
Pedals: Road w/clips & straps
Grips: Dual Density

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same dilemna - but only because everyone apart from Evans is sold out of large Genesis Day 01's. And Evans don't accept my bike vouchers. Delivery time for the Genesis in other shops is not til autumn aghhhh.

But cycle surgery in clapham have the Flight T3 and T2 in my size and tell me the T3 is just as good. Well they would say that wouldn't they.

By the way, where u find them so cheap? I've only seen the Genesis Day 01 at £550 and the Flight T3 at £600.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was where I saw the Day 01, price has gone up a little now though, it's at 520 quid now.

I ended up getting a 3 month old Specialized Langster Chicago for 250 quid off Craigslist.

I have seen them pop up on gumtree london a lot, but they are often really cheap. I think they are often stolen! But I guess you can work out if the seller is legit by talking on the phone to them. Here is a link to a search thread I did when I was hunting for a bike, if u bookmark that link, it'll always show you the lastest bikes that are advertised on the site.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the T3 is 550 quid at this link for the same company.

I kinda think the T3 would be better though, I had the old 2005 Day 02, before they split the line, it had the same frame and identical fork to the T3. The wheelset on the T3 is better as well. My old 2005 had shimano WH-550's which were nice, the T3 has RS10's which are better than the 500's on the Day 01. I think the Day 02 which is 700 has the RS10's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone

Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about free web hosting service I use now
Register here: 000webhost com/602878 html]000webhost com/602878 html

They give 1500 MB of disk space and 100 GB data transfer I am now using them for about 3 months and never seen any downtime of server problems There is no any kind of advertising on my pages too, so I think its worth to signup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.