Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would continue the pictures I took on the ride last Monday. We rode by several hillbilly estates that I couldn't resist taking pictures of the detailed yardwork. Notice the herd of goats and if you are a real aware cyclist you will notice the mean looking dog making a run at me as I snap the picture.

· Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More pics of the ride. The di;apidated mill has seen it's better day. I am always seeing the ******* memorials and this one is located where someone decided to ride real fast late one night on an alcohol fueled adventure. The site is a reminder of the results. I don't quite understand this new practice in the USA where memorials are now placed at the death site rather than the burial site.

· Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Final series of shots. The first picture is of a working grist mill at Rock Run on the Susquehanna River. The second picture is of a stone building that is part of a mansion that was once owned by a civil war general. The second picture shows water standing in the old canal that was built along the river. Mules would pull barges up the canal. There were locks along the canal and there are still several old locks and a lockhouse still standing. The last picture is of a stone foundation and steps of where a house used to stand. It was part of numerous houses that made up a village along the river that now is just a memory.

· Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MB1 said:
Or maybe it just had bad eyesight.

What happened?

I gave him my world famous sprint, that and he was trained not to go outside the electric goat fence.:D

I have a dog just about a mile from my house that I go by every day on my commute. He is a new dog, he is fast, persistent, and sneaky. I can't get by him. I squirted him in the face today and he never flinched, I think it gave him a sense of accomplishment. He acts mean but he hasn't tried to bite yet.

Hey I still need that cue sheet from Harpers Ferry to Gettyburg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.