Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ridin for Fun A ride report

Thought I would publish a series of pictures I took this past Monday. It was overcast so the colors aren't great. If you look closely at the house picture you can see the windmill that is placed on top of a unique wooden structure. Some friends are riding by an apple orchard in bloom.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't ride in this area as much as others but it is real nice. You can see the abandoned train trestle.

To appreciate the fine dwelling you must really look closely. A tub enclosure, mattresses under a tarp, a sofa, but you have to have that satellite dish installed on the side of the house.

The last two pictures show the river reservoir created by the Conowingo Dam on the Susquehanna River.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post another series and continue this ride report later.

The view downriver from the Conowingo Dam is a rocky one indeed. Crossing the Dam is tight riding but people basically have to wait or go around in the other lane.

The third picture shows an old furnace on the banks of Deer Creek and the last picture is the mouth of Deer Creek emptying into the Susquehanna.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
You still planning on a ride to Harpers Ferry?

Need route slips?

Let me know.

BTW if you were riding for fun why was everyone dressed and looking like racers?????

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Well, heck, you never know who's going to be taking pictures of you MB! You've got to look your best.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Great pics. Was it rainy at all or just cloudy? We are finally getting our first week of sunshine and warmth in 3 months. No storms for the next seven days. I'm going into sunshock.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Nice pics, the white house and wind mill are awesome. There is a really nice fall foliage ride along the Susq. that is really nice. I think the Harford Velo Club (could be way off on name) puts it on. Unfortunately I borrowed a friends wheel when I road it last and he had a 12/23 on it, I thought I was gonna die as I bonked at least twice! (TG for Bananas)

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zeytin said:
Nice pics, the white house and wind mill are awesome. There is a really nice fall foliage ride along the Susq. that is really nice. I think the Harford Velo Club (could be way off on name) puts it on. Unfortunately I borrowed a friends wheel when I road it last and he had a 12/23 on it, I thought I was gonna die as I bonked at least twice! (TG for Bananas)

Zeytin,

I don't know if I should tell you this but I created all the routes for the fall foliage ride for Harford Velo and yes the metric was a hilly ride.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MB1 said:
Need route slips?

Let me know.

BTW if you were riding for fun why was everyone dressed and looking like racers?????

I was riding the Soma with the 11/34 and was making note of the fact that I wasn't standing to climb the hills. The racer was going out just to put in miles so it was civil.

Yep I am riding a three day ride and really need that route slip from Harpers Ferry to Gettysburg.. Mar.k S is also supposed to get me a route slip from Prettyboy to Harpers Ferry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Aaah Canon Powershot S500? I had the the first of the G series..and it was a great camera. Almost bought the Rebel digital but I prefered the LCD shooting and metering common to semi pro cameras than TTL.

Great shots!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.