Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't think I will be doing anything substantial, bike-wise, until next year.

Next year, I have set up goals to ride in a Cat 5 race and do two or three centuries. Can anyone direct me to a training program that I could follow over the fall and winter to be in shape to do this next year....preferrably free?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allez Rouge said:
I use and recommend the Eddy Merckx program, which just happens to be free: "Ride lots."

Srsly, that's the best thing to do. Get a bunch of base miles into your legs during the winter months, then start working on specific goals come spring.
Yeah, I was figuring on doing that (Colorado winters will necessitate rollers and the trainer this winter which will get boring), but any weights and other types of exercises? I am not a noob to riding, but I have never ridden in a crit before, and the thought of it (both the racing itself and being lapped multiple times) scares me:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.