Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I have posted a new DC commuting report. My excuses;

1) It is winter (what difference any of these make is beyond me but hey, I need an excuse here).
2) Busy at work.
3) I've had a cold.
4) Crummy weather.
5) Just didn't feel like it.
6) Went to bed late and just wanted to sleep in.

Anyway everything came together this morning and I was rewarded by a spectacular sunrise as I was crossing Key Bridge. Then it was off to work with one last look at the morning sky out the window before putting my nose to the grindstone.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Our last meeting ended just before quitting time.

I took a look out the window, there wasn't a cloud in the sky (I like a few clouds to add color and drama to sunrises and sunsets). Still I had my camera and some time to kill before meeting Miss M.

I decided to see if any of the monuments had changed since the last time I visited them.

Well the Reflecting Pool and the fountains at the WW2 Memorial were drained for cleaning, everything else was as usual. It was nice to be reminded of how close together all these great places are when you are on a bike.

Guess I'll be riding this way again.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Wow! The shot of the monument reflected in the puddle with your bike in the foreground is great. The strong blue color and the squiggly reflection really make that shot brill.

Thanks,
Sheila

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Looking good. My new camera already died. Showing blurry spots in the any shot beyond the widest angle setting. No posts from me for a while I think. Just going to have to get my fix by viewing your pics. Great shot of the Washington Mon. with the "puddle" in front. Cool.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
That's a great "Four Presidents" view from Key Bridge. From right to left: Theodore Roosevelt Island; Washington Monument; Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; and (ahem) Watergate Hotel.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Great stuff, MB1

More pics for the pc. :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hi - good stuff MB.

Do I detect a couple of shots involving the structure of a large building belonging to a well-known national non-profit in there?

D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course.

Dereck said:
Hi - good stuff MB.

Do I detect a couple of shots involving the structure of a large building belonging to a well-known national non-profit in there?

D
When are you going to drop by and donate some of that tainted brit blood?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts