Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do people ride in the GTA? I occasionally spends weekends in Mississauga area, but with all the traffic lights and cars, it's not exactly riding friendly. Where can i find roads that are more bike friendly? I have a rack, and can travel a bit to find better riding locations.

I live in Buffalo right now, there are a lot of rural area outside of the city where one can rides for hours and not seeing many cars and roads are 99% of the time deserted.

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a few options to escape the traffic lights in Mississauga.

You can park at Lower Base Line and 6th line and ride out towards Milton and the Escarpment.

Or look at the routes for thehealingcycle.com they start in a business park and go out into country roads. I do the 100km regularly. I live in Toronto and its a welcome get away from my other options, it goes out as far as Guelph city limits and very very few cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Come down to Niagara Falls / niagara on the lake aarea traffics not bad and the traffic that is around is getting pretty used to cyclists being on the road so far this season
message me anytime if. You decide to stop in I can take u on my route

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where do people ride in the GTA? I occasionally spends weekends in Mississauga area, but with all the traffic lights and cars, it's not exactly riding friendly. Where can i find roads that are more bike friendly? I have a rack, and can travel a bit to find better riding locations.

I live in Buffalo right now, there are a lot of rural area outside of the city where one can rides for hours and not seeing many cars and roads are 99% of the time deserted.

Thanks in advance.:)
Some of the best and most scenic cycling in southern Ontario is just a 15 minute drive north of Mississauga in Caledon. The heart of it is in Belfountain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.