Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the house on the bike this morning about 9:00. ABSOLUTELY not a breath of wind. ZERO! Now there's something that never happens. As a matter of fact it was the stillest conditions I have ever experienced that I wasn't sitting in a sailboat, sculling to get back to shore.

I was confused I didn't know which way to go!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,954 Posts
Just got done with a 2 day tour...high the last 2 days...70 degrees. Low of 50. Wet, and overcast.

Who knew August was so deep into fall weather, WTF.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got done with a 2 day tour...high the last 2 days...70 degrees. Low of 50. Wet, and overcast.

Who knew August was so deep into fall weather, WTF.
upper 50's last night, 63 when I left the house. I was riding with a wind vest on, didn't really need it but I was just hammering as hard as I could and wasn't stopping to take it off!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point in the season, 62 degrees is fricking cold. I struggle to keep my body weight up over 125, granted, I am short, 5 foot 5, but a person needs some body fat for insulation. And I got nothing left. I mean it is August, it should be hot. I am not looking forward to fall, Last weekend I rode well over a 100 in 2 days with my vest and arm warmers in my pockets. Global warming sounds better than climate change to me.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
I just got back from our annual beach trip; took bikes along this year. This was on a NC barrier island oriented roughly east-west with prevailing winds from the west - southwest. One road on the island, so all rides are out and back. We were staying at the western end of the island, so "make me feel like a pro" tailwind outbound and "suck my soul" headwinds for the return journey.

My last ride yesterday had thunderheads parked in front of me for extra motivation to finish fast. Finished just in front of the downpour.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At this point in the season, 62 degrees is fricking cold. I struggle to keep my body weight up over 125, granted, I am short, 5 foot 5, but a person needs some body fat for insulation. And I got nothing left. I mean it is August, it should be hot. I am not looking forward to fall, Last weekend I rode well over a 100 in 2 days with my vest and arm warmers in my pockets. Global warming sounds better than climate change to me.
I feel Ya. At 5'9" 140 lbs it doesn't take much for me to feel a chill. Lows here are still in the 70's so I haven't had to break out the winter gear just yet.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,954 Posts
I just got back from our annual beach trip; took bikes along this year. This was on a NC barrier island oriented roughly east-west with prevailing winds from the west - southwest. One road on the island, so all rides are out and back. We were staying at the western end of the island, so "make me feel like a pro" tailwind outbound and "suck my soul" headwinds for the return journey.

My last ride yesterday had thunderheads parked in front of me for extra motivation to finish fast. Finished just in front of the downpour.
You get bit by that power outage on Hatteras/Ocracoke?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts