Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I have finally got our condo on the market. We're looking at moving to the Riverbank area where we can actually afford a house. We've done the Riverbank Cheese and Wine twice (metric century course) and enjoyed the riding. Can anyone comment on the day-to-day riding in the Riverbank area? Are there any extended climbs (5+ miles) available? How about bike shops in the area?

·
I do all my own stunts
76 Posts
Stanislaus County Riding

Ignatz said:
So the wife and I have finally got our condo on the market. We're looking at moving to the Riverbank area where we can actually afford a house. We've done the Riverbank Cheese and Wine twice (metric century course) and enjoyed the riding. Can anyone comment on the day-to-day riding in the Riverbank area? Are there any extended climbs (5+ miles) available? How about bike shops in the area?
Hi! Welcome to the area. For the best climbing you'll need to drive 20 minutes or so into the foothills/mountains cause everythings sooo flat around here. :-( As far as LBS I recommend The Bike Shop in Salida (Hwy 99 frontage rd) or Valley Sporting Goods in Modesto. There are a couple of other shops in Modesto, but they are owned by brothers (no competition there) and my personal experience with both has been far less than stellar. The local bike club is the Stanislaus County Bike Club and their associated race team is Stanislaus Merlock Velo.

Hope to see you on the roads here soon.

Jon
Modesto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts