Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is thinking about heading to Elkins, WV for a week for a music camp and she thought I might like to go and ride my bike when she is not fiddlin'.
I like the idea as I am training for something in September and this would be a perfect little training camp for me.

But the question is: what's it like out there in the hollers of WV? Is it good times or are the dogs and goold ol' boys too much of an impediment?

No offense to all the good people of WV, but I rode across the US once and some of the, um, more problematic areas were in far eastern KY and places like that which were not quite prepared for a lycra invasion....

· Registered
94 Posts
You're crazy if you don't bring your bike

I was just out at Snowshoe Resort a couple weeks ago for business, and I brought my road bike along. There are many beautiful, well-paved roads around the resort area (the climb up to Snowshoe itself is a good one and is a perfect 50min or so loop back to the bottom, with opportunities all along for extensions). I hail from WV, but have lived/ridden extensively in CO, FL, San Fran, NC, and have not had any more problems here than anywhere else. The people are friendly, and as long as you don't act like a jyagov you won't have any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.