Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to northeast Denver and have been biking south (Cherry Creek Reservoir) and southwest (out to Chatfield). I was wondering if any of you all knew of any rides that could get me out on the planes east or north of the City? I'm looking to ride basically from Quebec and Martin Luther King Boulevard (by Stapleton) and don't want to get in a car.

Thoughts?

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
LyncStar said:
I just moved to northeast Denver and have been biking south (Cherry Creek Reservoir) and southwest (out to Chatfield). I was wondering if any of you all knew of any rides that could get me out on the planes east or north of the City? I'm looking to ride basically from Quebec and Martin Luther King Boulevard (by Stapleton) and don't want to get in a car.

Thoughts?

How far do you want to go? You can get on the Platte trail going NORTH, to its terminus, and then get on Riverdale Road, which is really pretty and heads out past Barr Lake and towards Brighton, etc.

Do you have the latest Denver Bike Map?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drove Riverdale once and

jtolleson said:
How far do you want to go? You can get on the Platte trail going NORTH, to its terminus, and then get on Riverdale Road, which is really pretty and heads out past Barr Lake and towards Brighton, etc.

I noticed that's Riverdale north of 104th going toward Brighton does not have shoulder or bike lane but traffic is appears friendly. Do you find it safe to ride?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jtolleson said:

I've got the latest. Just picked it up the other day. So sounds like I'd ride into downtown to pick up the platte take that north and then hook up with Riverdale? I'm about 8 miles from Confluence Park downtown, and I'm looking for rides in the 40-75 miles range. If there is anyway I can avoid riding West first, that would be nice.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
DirtFace said:
I noticed that's Riverdale north of 104th going toward Brighton does not have shoulder or bike lane but traffic is appears friendly. Do you find it safe to ride?

I have indeed found Riverdale fairly bike friendly and kinda pretty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alternative ride

I live in park Hill, not too far from you. I always go to the cherry creek trail and take platt. Globeville is strange be a little careful through there, I have never had a mishap but some close calls. riding the platt to the trail that goes to Golden and then up lookout mt. is a great ride about 70 round trip, mayb a little more if you take th trail both ways - I took 32nd ave. up and the trail back so it may have been shorter but a good ride.
Tim

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
germplayer said:
I live in park Hill, not too far from you. I always go to the cherry creek trail and take platt. Globeville is strange be a little careful through there, I have never had a mishap but some close calls. riding the platt to the trail that goes to Golden and then up lookout mt. is a great ride about 70 round trip, mayb a little more if you take th trail both ways - I took 32nd ave. up and the trail back so it may have been shorter but a good ride.
Tim
What is the trail that goes to Golden? how far north of confluence park is it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
LyncStar said:
What is the trail that goes to Golden? how far north of confluence park is it?
About 3-4 miles past the Confluence Park called Clear Creek Bikeway (something like that). Maybe a mile or 2 past the cemetary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.