Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my time that I have available for training seems to be at night through the week and I'm not really keen on riding on Houston roads at night plus I just can't seem to get motivated to sit on the trainer in the apartment, there are just too many distractions. So how much of a looney tune would I be if I carried the trainer up to the roof of the parking garage of our apartment complex (nobody ever parks up there) and set it up facing the lights of downtown to train?

I have a feeling I'd get a visit from the clueless security guard wondering what the heck I was doing and whether I was up to no good.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
Hey, why the heck not? If the guard comes pushing around, I'm sure a reasonable explanation from you will sort him out, and it's always good to have the security guy know who you are. This way he'll remember you better--hey, that's the guy who rides a nowhere bike on the roof.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
jaseone said:
Most of my time that I have available for training seems to be at night through the week and I'm not really keen on riding on Houston roads at night plus I just can't seem to get motivated to sit on the trainer in the apartment, there are just too many distractions. So how much of a looney tune would I be if I carried the trainer up to the roof of the parking garage of our apartment complex (nobody ever parks up there) and set it up facing the lights of downtown to train?

I have a feeling I'd get a visit from the clueless security guard wondering what the heck I was doing and whether I was up to no good.
why not just ride up and down the garage?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Obviously, this would never happen, but all I can think of is the scene in the movie Easy Money where Rodney Dangerfield is riding his exercise bike infront of the Christmas tree, the front wheel catches and he goes flying into the tree. Be careful!

On a more serious note, if it would make things less boring, throw on your ipod and go nuts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.