Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, Im new to this. I just moved into the Kent, Wa area and Im looking to find a riding buddy. Im 26 yr old, male and I like to think myself in shape though hills prove otherwise. I ride with my girlfriend but she is relatively new to riding so its a little easier of a ride. Im looking for people to ride with that like to push themselves and enjoy riding. Plus I might learn about some new trails/ riding areas. Let me know!

·
TWD
603 Posts
I live up in Kirkland so not much help but would recommend trying some of the daily/training rides with Cascade Bike Club or Redmond Cycling. Great way to learn new roads, meet people, and compare your fitness. Cascade has a group called HPC if you want to ride pretty hardcore. A few great events still left this year

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bonney Lake

One month ago I moved from South Bend, IN to Lake Tapps in Bonney Lake. I've already found several great roads and trails. If you are looking to do a flat ride, it's always easy to hop on the Orting trail. Otherwise, I tend to ride in the area North of Buckley and Enumclaw up towards Flaming Geyser and Black Diamond. You could easily access this area from Kent. There are some nice climbs around Auburn and Bonney Lake. The road up Lakeland Hills is a great climb, but definitely tough. I ride about 200 miles/week and would probably be a Cat 4 if I had a racing license. If you'd like to ride some time send me an e-mail. [email protected]

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the ideas on this. I have found some good rides around my area, a nice roller. Where in bellevue are you serious consult? I like riding anywhere really and am looking to become more serious and hopefully get into competition.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I live out in Fall City and have time to ride during the mid-day. Lots of great flats & hills out in the Snoqualmie Valley area. Let me know if any of you guys would like to put a ride together out here.

mike ---- at ----mccrckn.com.

Cheers,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.