Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my new Madone set up to be comfortable but the top of the bar is 2.5-3 inches below the top of the saddle. Is this unusual or is it all just subjective? Thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
unusual how? Do you want the top of your bars to be the same height as your seat or much lower? Have you looked at other people's bikes? What are you asking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a pretty standard setup. I'm sure people here can correct me, but I thought the default was 2.5 - 5 cm seat-to-bars drop. Mine's quite a lot more severe - See photos in "VXRS confusion" - but seems to work for me.

It depends lots on the type of riding you'll be doing (TT bikes are much more severe to get the whole horizontal back thing going, but are less comfy to ride, and much more twitchy).

the frame / stem proportions compared to your body make a HUGE difference - too long a top tube and/or stem means the bars will need to be higher for you to reach them, etc. etc.

Anyone with a bit more bike-fitting experience care to comment?

·
Registered
138 Posts
not unusual.....

for one's drop to be in the range described. Yes, it is subjective in the sense of personal preference / tolerance. IOW, some set up with less and some with more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.