Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cannondale Six 13 and then a new Cannondale System Six.

Both are 63cm - Both are Dura Ace - Both have the same seat, stem and same handlebars and very much within the same position.

The only different is cranks - both are 175mm, but the Six 13 is Dura Ace with a regular BB and the System Six is the C'Dale carbon crank with the BB30 designed BB.

The geometry is the same on both bikes, but the System six has the huge head tube and a slightly different fork.

For whatever reason I can not get comfortable on the System Six. Does anyone else have this issue with two bikes that are nearly identical? I am thinking of going back to the six 13, the older bike.

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
Have you checked all your measurements carefully.
Seat tip to handlebar center
Seat height from crank center to seat top
Seat setback from crank center
Seat drop - seat top from ground / handlebar top from ground - what is the difference in mm or inches between the two bikes.
Check brake position on bars from one to the other - is one handlebar more rotated forward etc.

If all of these are fairly close on the two bikes - within a few mm, than the only major difference you should feel would be the individual frame and component characteristics.

Make sure all of these are very close. If the one bike is still a problem you have to isolate the issues -what you don't like - what part of your body is uncomfortable etc.

Crank arms the same length could possibly feel different due to their relative stiffness to one another. However by themselves the same length arm wouldn't change any level of comfort - it is other metrics above that may be off.

Measure and let us know what you find.

Good luck

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pdh777 said:
Have you checked all your measurements carefully.
Seat tip to handlebar center
Seat height from crank center to seat top
Seat setback from crank center
Seat drop - seat top from ground / handlebar top from ground - what is the difference in mm or inches between the two bikes.
Check brake position on bars from one to the other - is one handlebar more rotated forward etc.

Measure and let us know what you find.

Good luck
Well, even after working in a bike shop for five years it looks like I can have someone remind me of the obvious. I did the measurements you put forth and the seat tip to handlebar center was off by more than half a inch. Handlebar top to ground was off by that much, too. I took a spacer out of the headtube stack and then pushed the seat forward till they were the same. I am going on a ride now and will let you know.

Thanks for the response. More to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.