Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bike shop has a Damocles right next to the Boreas that i'm looking at, beautiful bike in the team colors. Out of my budget tho. I think I'm gonna get the Boreas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a Boreas frameset last month and built it up with Campy Chorus / Record mix. I absolutely love the bike! Very comfortable and climbs and sprints well. The "Sharp Edge Technology" tube shapes look very cool too and I get a lot of compliments on the bike.

One complaint-- after I built the bike up I couldn't keep the rear brake centered and it was driving me nuts. Finally figured out that the metal insert in the carbon stays was spinning free. I put a little epoxy on the insert and haven't had any problems since.

Good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Robbie rides a Damocles. There was a brief about his bike last year somewhere on Velonews.com. Don't think hes riding the same bike this year as last years was the special Australian National color scheme. But, I assume hes still on the Damocles. The rest of the squad is riding them.

I haven't had a chance to ride the Damocles yet, but I have the Boreas and Excalibur. Both nice bikes. The Excalibur may be of interest to you since its not as expensive as a Damocles, but still full carbon. The Boreas is a nice ride though and built tough. I know a guy riding one who is easily 200+ and the bike doesnt flex under him. (Put this guy on a Trek 1000 though and the bike turns into a noodle.. pretty interesting to watch.) Unfortunately, I haven't ridden long enough to give a good ride report though. However, I'm sure you can find them here if you do a search.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.