Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched google and all reviewers (3 of them) say it's very fast, very aero, very stiff. All raves, not much criticism.

However, I want to hear it from the real folks, not reviewers who generally rave about anything.

Specifically, I want to know if the stiffness is worth the discomfort ride. And can you imagine living with the stiffness on a century?

Also, how do the integrated brakes work with carbon wheels? Do they give enough stopping power?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the Noah Pro and the stiffness in the frameset is its strongest attribute. I remember reading a post on Ridley's fb page about the Noah Fast being slightly more compliant than the Noah Pro because of the integrated brakes.
But both framesets are pretty much as advertised. Unlike the older model Noahs('11-older), it seems to be much more forgiving on those long days on the saddle.

I completed my first back to back century last year on my Noah Pro and I didn't feel beaten up afterwards. Tired and exhausted, of course, but I was still able to ride a nice 20 mile loop the following day.

The majority of my rides are on the weekends and I'll ride anywhere from 100-150+miles total. Unless the weather isn't the greatest, the Noah Pro is my go to bike for every ride.

The only negative feedback I've heard about the Noah Fast/Noah Pro is that they can't accept wider tires(25mm-up).

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the info.

I wonder if the Noah Fast with the integrate brakes can accept wide rims (23-25mm wide) with 23cc tires? Looking at the pics, there doesn't seem to be much clearance between the integrated F-brakes

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a Noah Fast w/ Enve 6.7s.
On those wheels, the widths are 26mm(front) and 24mm(rear).

Ridley Noah FAST (updated pics on Page 2) - Weight Weenies
wow that's a mean looking bike. Man crashing that bike in a crit will certainly spoil my day to say the least!

I wonder if the wheels rub the brake pads or chainstays during out of saddle smashing? Wide rims are known to rub parts during out of saddle hammering on some frames. Wonder if the FAST is safe from this.

I wish Ridley made the head tube shorter. The longish head tube on this bike doesn't seem right

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Not the same frame, but I have a Ridley Noah RS and it's plenty stiff but not unreasonably uncomfortable. I rode mine on the Triple Bypass (118 miles, 12,000 feet of climbing) last year with no trouble at all.

Honestly don't know if I'd gamble with the funky brake system on the FAST unless I was a pretty high level racer though. Lots of potential technology risk for very little benefit. One of the guys at my local shop related a conversation he had with a pro who was testing the FAST before it was released to the public. He asked how it braked, the answer was that it doesn't, really.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I rode the Noah Fast and the integrated brakes worked just as good as their bolt-on counterparts. I felt it was a bit more tedious to dial them in but otherwise, they worked just fine. The only reasons why I opted for the Noah Pro vs. the Fast were because of the lower price point and I didn't like how the brake cables stuck out, looping to the integrated calipers.

In regards to what wheels may or may not fit, I'd send Ridley an email and ask them to confirm what wheelsets are compatible with their Noah RS/Pro/Fast. But if you were to ask me what I'd recommend, Campagnolo Bora One/Two or Enves. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noah Fast Brake problem

I have problem when I adjusting the rear integrated brake Noah Fast. One side (left side) of brake arm is pulling up the other side (right side) too much, it causing the ride brake pad is touching the rim and it become rubbing.

What I'm doing right now is screw the right f-brake adjuster and unscrew the left side very tight. It helped but the brake is still not aligned perfectly.

Is someone having the same problem? Need advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
F-brakes

I have problem when I adjusting the rear integrated brake Noah Fast. One side (left side) of brake arm is pulling up the other side (right side) too much, it causing the ride brake pad is touching the rim and it become rubbing.

What I'm doing right now is screw the right f-brake adjuster and unscrew the left side very tight. It helped but the brake is still not aligned perfectly.

i am having the same issue with my front brakes. Did you find a solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those whom may be interested...

From the 2015 Noah Fast Passport:

Adjuster screws

Adjusting the alignment of the brakes is done by adjuster screws to adjust the tension of the springs in the flexibleareas. In the standard position the screws are completely screwed into the frame or fork. You can achieve the right setupin the way explained below.

– Brakes are perfect aligned in the standard positionYou don’t have to adjust anything.

– Brakes are not perfect aligned in the standard positionIf the clearance between the brake pads and the rim is not the same for both sides, unscrew the screw on theside where the clearance is the most. Unscrewing the screw will increase the tension on the spring causing thebrake arm to move in the direction of the rim.

https://ridley-upload-ridley2.netdna-ssl.com/downloads/passports/noah-fast_1453879868795855.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.