Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on my Noah for a few months now, an '08. Ridley sponsors my team, so I also have a Damocles. Both are fine bikes.

I was a bit skeptical when I was told you could 'convert' the Noah (and the Helium, I guess) to a TT set-up. Now, after a few TTs using the Noah, I "believe".

The Noah's seat 'mast' is symetrical, an elongated diamond shape. The back tire and rim/disc are 'let-into' the seat tube for good aerodynamics and the cables run through some tunnels through the headtube, but re-emerge and are routed conventionally beyond that.

The saddle-mounting "head unit", for want of a better term, is reversable. One bolt and you slip the whole seat and head-assembly right off as a unit. In the normal position, it has moderate set-back, but reversed, you can mount the saddle in a very good TT position. I have some Profile CRX tt bars that I leave all set up with stem, levers, cables and housings. Quick and easy to swap on. I have a spare saddle head mounting unit and saddle that I leave assembled, also. So comes TT-time, I swap on the 'pre-adjusted' TT components and I am good to go. The road set-up stays adjusted, also, so the swap process is quick and simple, either way..

When driving to races, I take both the bikes. I like having the Damocles along for the crits. I put that on my trainer for warm-up, too. I don't "have to" swap the Noah back from TT to road between races , though I like how the Noah sprints, so I usually do so. It's nice to have both along, too, in case of an inconvenient mechanical.

The Noah is very versatile and that TT option? 100% real..
Don Hanson

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
hrmm, good call, didn't know that about the noah.... but i'm confused... how do you piggy back on the TT bar ends and brakes onto a convetional road set up easily???

any chance of pics? - sorry, i'm a bit slow :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.