Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this problem last year, almost the whole riding season. Rt elbow sore at the point inside rear anchor point for tendons. Have been riding the trainer indoors a few times a week, no problem. Last night I rode my newest bike on the rollers and after 30 mins I had the dreaded elbow pain. I am thinking I have to reach too far to get to the hoods and it fully straightens out my arms and then for whatever reason the soreness creeps in. I tipped the nose of the saddle up a little and that got a little weight off my arms which felt better, I'm thinking of trying a shorter stem, using a 110 might try a 90 or 100. Any thoughts or anyone else have this problem?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I don't know, but it seems logical that the less weight / stress you put on the elbow, the less pain you'll have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Riding with arms too straight.

I have had the same problem before. Mine was caused by riding with my arms too straight. Concentrate on keeping your arms bent. Be persistant, because when you quit thinking about it, you will revert to old habits.

I still have this problem occasionally. It is just easier to relax your arms and back with your elbows straight.

Hope this helps you out,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts