Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It's my responsibility to make this decision and suspend Ivan from the race," Riis said. "I have to think about the team, that is now the most important thing. I trust Ivan Basso, but now it is up to him and his lawyers to show he has nothing to do with this affair."

From VeloNews

Can anyone say Hamilton part 2?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I wonder if Riis is covering his own arse? I find it hard to believe that the TM does not know somethign is going on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is too funny. Luigi Cecchini was Basso's trainer. He was also Bjarne Riis' preparatore for a number of years. This includes the year 1995 which saw Riis' hematocrit level rise from 41% in the off-season to the infamous 56% in July. Cecchini is reported to have ties to Dr. Fuentes. Riis must have been SOOO surprised that Basso's name came up in all this.

Now the revelations in L'Equipe that CSC dumped a bunch of needles in the trash at Paris-Roubaix. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
framed said:
Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.
LOL Good one! :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
What's ironic is Gilberto Simoni's insinuations at the Giro have now been substantiated.
Come to think of it, Cancellara rode like an "Alien" in the Hell of the North as well.

I wonder what the Giro organizers are doing right now?

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Just because Basso has been "caught" doesn't mean Gilberto "Where'd that Cocaine come from" Simoni is an angel. He was still right near him most of the race. Am I to believe a "clean" 34 or 35 year old is as tough as a doped up 28 year old?

And if i'm not mistaken, it was TMobile that removed Ullrich and Sevilla. Remember who was Riis' teammate during that time too. Notice any other connections...? :D

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Also, I wish Lance would get busted. I don't believe him for a second, and now I'll have to listen to even more stories about how "Great" Armstrong is because he was "so clean and never tested positive."

Trust me, our jackass American sportscasters will make this point 345 times over the next 3 weeks.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Pro cycling is officially in the crapper. I say let them fill their veins with what ever they want and let them race. At least we will all know they had the same advantage. This is a real shame.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Also, I wish Lance would get busted. I don't believe him for a second, and now I'll have to listen to even more stories about how "Great" Armstrong is because he was "so clean and never tested positive."

Trust me, our jackass American sportscasters will make this point 345 times over the next 3 weeks.
Our jackass American sportscasters will ignore this 345 times over the next three weeks.

Or worse yet, the TdF will finally get some mass media coverage now that there's bloody muck to sling.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You know with all this busting of riders, I am starting to think Amstrong is guilty too, but never got caught.

I still think he might be clean and i said this before, all the treatments from cancer might have made him WAY stronger than anyone else in the field. I rember from his book that we was going to "experimental" drugs to help beat cancer. I feeling sis that his recovery from cancer (yes, mnay types of drugs/steroids/EPO, etc) were used to get him cancer free probaly made him stronger and it better shape. Did he not come back with a more muscle and stronger at a lighter weight?

Or maybe he was using what BALCO was giving Barry Bonds and it was undetectable.

We will NEVER know for sure unless he somehow is truly discoverd that he did dope or if he really did he comes clean. Maybe he had better dope and doctors? I still have a glimmer of hope he is clean. BUT I also thought of Basso in the same way. All these eyars since his Fasso days might be thrown out the window.....

It's hard to say now, that more and more we are seeing that the peleton is know better when it comes to doping after the Festina affair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.