Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to change the stock rim brakes from my mini velo bike and I am eyeing the Sora BR-R3500. Will my tire (40-406) fits on the said brakes. Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
What kind or brakes to you have now? I don't know that 40-406 means but if it means 40mm or another huge size you probably have v brakes or Canti thus not a frame and fork that would accept those sora brake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know which particular brand of brake it is but i am quite certain that it is a one of those caliper brakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind or brakes to you have now? I don't know that 40-406 means but if it means 40mm or another huge size you probably have v brakes or Canti thus not a frame and fork that would accept those sora brake.
I don't know which particular brand of brake it is but i am quite certain that it is a one of those caliper brakes.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Doesn't look like those Sora brakes would give you enough reach to get the pads down to the rims.

I've had some really cheap caliper brakes and Dura Ace brakes. It's pretty hard to really 'upgrade' caliper brakes anyway other than for weight because they all more or less do the same thing. Try some new/good pads and keeping your rims clean for an upgrade in braking.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,445 Posts
Why do you want to change your brakes? Do you want better braking power? As Jay said, try different pads - much cheaper than new calipers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why do you want to change your brakes? Do you want better braking power? As Jay said, try different pads - much cheaper than new calipers!
Better braking power. Maybe i'll stick to these stock caliper and go for new pads. Any recommendations for a good brand of brake pads?

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,456 Posts
I’ve used Kool Stop salmon pads on all of our bikes for many years. I like the feel and modulation with them and they are unmatched in wet weather braking performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts