Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an American Classic Micro58 front hub 32 spoke and an AC RD205 - 17mm Rear hub 32 hole. Can you recommend a rim? I weigh 183lbs and am neither a climber nor a sprinter, but getting better after joining a club.

Thanks

ps. Already have an AC Hurricane wheelset, 32 hole, 23mm wide, 400g rim.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would recommend something like a Velocity A23 front rim, and a Velocity A23 O/C rear rim. My most recent retruing jobs have had AC Micro58/RD205 hubs, and the rear hub geometry results in relatively low rear NDS spoke tensions. The O/C rim would help to increase those rear NDS spoke tensions. There are several other O/C rims out there, too.

I have an American Classic Micro58 front hub 32 spoke and an AC RD205 - 17mm Rear hub 32 hole. Can you recommend a rim? I weigh 183lbs and am neither a climber nor a sprinter, but getting better after joining a club.

Thanks

ps. Already have an AC Hurricane wheelset, 32 hole, 23mm wide, 400g rim.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I seem to recommend a lot of Wheelsmith DB14 spokes for mid-level builds and CX-Ray for higher-level builds, but always subject to the requirements of the rider and compatibility with hubs, rims and nipples.

Thanks. That was the kind of input I wanted. What spokes would you recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.